Amazon Echo multi room audio (like Sonos) COMING SOON

Good point, Dan.

One possibility is that Amazon is trying to make their Prime Music service (or other streaming services) more attractive by not making local BT compatible with Multi-Room. Or, if the multi-room functionality leverages the Cloud IP streaming (?!), then streaming of BT cannot be implemented using that protocol; i.e., The Echo’s are not streaming to each other (are they?).

It’s quite a mystery, because, as I said, muti-room wifi audio sync is hard. Sonos was the only reliable product for a while!

1 Like

Yeah, I have a mixture of different ones like most here. I was just grouping them all under echo.

BUT your right my actual Echo’s won’t be able to plug into any speakers.

1 Like

Possibly using WiFi, the Pure Connect speakers I have are supposed to be able to play simultaneously. If you stream to one speaker via Bluetooth it is supposed to play the same audio to the other speakers via WiFi. (I hope I have that right)

I have gotten it to work a few times but not reliably.

1 Like

I have my two Amazon Echo’s working, but my Fabriq and my Nucleus can’t join the group. It would be great if Alexa would work with BigTalker as a voice announcement system.