Amazon Alexa Sent refresh command to

I am also seeing this issue as of today. Along with this, I noticed a few lights tend to come on after a refresh. I hope this can be fixed ASAP. I contacted support and they didn’t seem to have any idea of this issue. I was told to remove the lights and add them back. Didn’t seem to work, as lights are still coming on after the refresh. But no log tells me why.

I still see the issue occurring with Singled A-19 type smart bulb devices. Refresh occurring every 10 sec (6 times per min)Other devices are normal, I also do not see the Heartbeat logged as you speak of.

So am I the only one seeing the Auto lights on thing. I had three lights in the house that show up in this Amazone Refresh stuff. Those three light seem to come on at will after the command has been sent. Not each time, but more than 1 within an hour.

Of the three one I reset and rejoined it the system. I am going to try this with the other two because they are still coming on without cause.

1 Like

This driving me crazy! I’ve had to disconnect all my smart bulbs in bedrooms for obvious reasons!

I’m getting app command refreshes every minute and then every 10 mins or so I get a command refresh that result my bulbs in an off state being turned on.

Sigh, I look forward to fun with with support tomorrow…

1 Like

I have one of my lights coming on as of yesterday. Three of my lights get auto refreshed twice every 3 minutes, but only one is switching on, the other four are unaffected.

I removed the Alexa skill which made no difference, then I removed the Alexa smartapp from Smartthings and reinstalled both, I still get the same refreshes, but the light is not switching on automatically.

1 Like

I’ve had the same thing happening over the last week or so. Light flickering at random and turning on in the night. I’ve removed Alexa and the bulbs from smartthings, removed all the devices from Alexa and started again. Same issue. I’ve now removed the light from Alexa, the other half was going nuts. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the echo dots for me.

I had the same issue. Removed Alexa from integrations. Hoping this gets fixed soon. That’s why I’m following this thread.

To follow up on my “Device is unresponsive” issue, it seems this was due to a well known issue with having multiple homes configured. After forgetting all devices in Alexa and discovering devices again, the only devices being discovered was from the second home. Upon removing the second home, forgetting all devices, and discovering again, I was able to re-add the desired devices and they resumed working appropriately from Alexa. Presumably adding a second home broke the Alexa integration of any device from the first home.

Just so happens that I noticed the issue around the same time that this issue was reported and that @hotsparks mentioned the same error which resolved to this thread for my search queries. I do not appear to be having the device refresh issue.

So is it safe to reenable Alexa yet?

I’ve been getting the " is not responding" message from Alexa and I’ve had lights randomly turn on.

Amazon support had me restart everything. I unplugged the smartthings hub and all of my echo devices. After a couple of minutes, I plugged-in my smartthings hub and waited for it to go online. I then plugged-in all of my echo devices.

I walked through each room using the different echo devices to toggle the lights in each room. I never got the " is not responding" message from Alexa on any of the lights. Since this has been an intermittent issue for me, I’m going to give it some time before I say this solution worked. I’m just posting here in case anyone else wants to give it a shot.

Nevermind, it’s still broken. I got the “device is not responding” message again while trying to toggle Sarah’s light. I had to ask it to turn on Sarah’s twice for it to work. Here’re the messages from Live Blogging:

8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:33:28 PM: debug Turn off Sarahs Light
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:33:28 PM: debug handlePostV3
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:33:12 PM: debug Turn on Sarahs Light
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:33:12 PM: debug handlePostV3
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:33:00 PM: warn psrEventHandler: Amazon access token is invalid. Cannot emit event 234bc4b0-c42d-11e7-ac4e-06d3b398f214 (level: 100)
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:32:57 PM: warn psrEventHandler: Amazon access token is invalid. Cannot emit event 21a085b0-c42d-11e7-856f-0624b562c108 (level: 96)
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:32:56 PM: debug Turn off Sarahs Light
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:32:56 PM: debug handlePostV3
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:32:34 PM: warn psrEventHandler: Amazon access token is invalid. Cannot emit event 13caf510-c42d-11e7-9bda-062ce4538d16 (level: 100)
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:32:32 PM: warn psrEventHandler: Amazon access token is invalid. Cannot emit event 128e0840-c42d-11e7-af72-0296c266c178 (level: 4)
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:32:30 PM: debug Turn on Sarahs Light
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:32:30 PM: debug handlePostV3
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:32:11 PM: error Sarahs Light is offline
8abb132a-8aa9-4395-8098-afcf6de642f0 8:32:11 PM: debug handlePostV3

This Alexa refresh is turning on my Sylvania lights when I don’t want them on. In the middle of the night. This is driving me nuts.

You think this has anything to do with specific products? The Sengled A19 lightbulb has been mentioned numerous times for this issue (mine included) so I wonder if it has to do with specific products.

All of my other devices do not get refresh commands at all

While I do have those bulbs I was getting problems with Sylvania and GE Links as well. It was polling EVERY device and knocked a ton of them off the network including a lock and some z-wave switches.

Has anyone been following any threads on the Alexa side of things?

Maybe it’s more an Amazon issue than a SmartThings issue.

But on the ST side, I we should have an option to hide refresh notifications from the feed so as not to spam it with info we don’t really care about

The problem isn’t the log spamming. It’s the actual refresh commands spamming the devices… If it wasn’t for the log we wouldn’t even know it was happening!

It looks like I get the “device is not responding” when my voice command to turn the light on or off coincides with a refresh command. Since it’s intermittent, I can’t be sure of this but it’s what I saw the last couple of times it happened.

By the way, I’m having the issue with both my Sengled and Sylvania Lightify bulbs both of which are Zigbee bulbs.

Depends on the user, really.

I care less about the spamming and more about the log.

Though fixing the source issue, in this case, would help both of us.

First it was refreshing only my Zwave units. That eventually stopped. Now it is bombarding my zigbee devices somthing fierce around every 4 min. And turning one light off. Nothing I see on my Zwave devices.

I noticed the refresh command problem while out of town. Not needing Alexa (while out of town), but needing ST routines, I changed the ST app setting in Automations, Smart Apps, Amazon Alexa, to turn OFF Allow Alexa to access all devices and routines. This temporary workaround ended the constant barrage of refresh commands being sent to my Sylvania light bulbs and ST routines that include those bulbs continue to work.
I was only getting the refresh commands in the log for Sylvania light bulbs and not for motion sensor, leak sensor or GE light switches. The Alexa Echo DOT speaker itself is not involved as mine was already unplugged.