Alpha Opportunity: Browser-Based Web Portal

Simple event logger crashes If I add more than a few dozen devices

Iā€™ve got 60 devices logging via it and I donā€™t notice any ā€œcrashesā€. You might have posted something in the developerā€™s thread reporting this problem.

So to develop the same feature in both Web Portal and Mobile app is a double effort because it is two teams and two different code bases and technologies.

Sorry, but that is not how I would have designed this. I architect things to be performant and single code base such that you implement a feature once for all mediums/devices/apps, etcā€¦

Regarding logger, I use the InfluxDB Logger, works across all by 75 devices polling every 2 minutes.

1 Like

Welcome to Samsung.

3 Likes

Device Logger is crashing for me after I added about 50 more devices totaling around 200.

Had to install a second instance.

The UI on the Samsung TV SmartThings App is about 3 versions behind :rage:

1 Like

And hangs even worse than the mobile app.

2 Likes

Can u view the smartthings camera & ring camera on samsung smart tvs?

Yes you can. Either can pop up PiP for motion if you choose, too.

1 Like

Is this project still active? Can I get access?

Am looking for a way to provide selective access to some smartthings devices (based on a schedule) to specific users and am hoping this might offer a solution.

It doesnā€™t help this. Youā€™ll need action tiles or SharpTools.io for that

4 Likes

Check out https://www.actiontiles.com/. Free 14 day trial is available. It was designed specifically for this purpose.

2 Likes

I have setup both; neither yet allow for a schedule of when invited guests can access their panels.

The web portal is great! Will we see additional functionality added to this like hub control?

1 Like

I signed up to this a long time ago but have since lost the link to access it. Any one able to supply it?

Forget it! Developpement is stoppedā€¦ No ETA on it , no SmartStart support, no developpement on zwave serie 700 hub tooā€¦ Debugging the new application after they quit the old one hogs all little resource they have. Smartthings have no futureā€¦
I orded a Hubitat hub with 700 serie zwave, their developpemnt is soo much faster than smartthings!

2 Likes

https://my.smartthings.com is the link for those with access.

2 Likes

Brian, any word on this? Right now the new ST app is having trouble with iOS 14 making many Smartapps unsable, this browser based app is working brilliantly, fast and without issues. This can provide much needed relief for folks using the new ST app on iOS 14. Any chance of atleast a limited release for some countries?

5 Likes

There has been a little bit of progress made but still no timeline to report. Iā€™m still trying to get it out to more people.

5 Likes

Sign me up!!