Allowing thermostat setpoints to be set in 0.5C increments

Apparently SmartThings does not support 0.5°C precision on thermostat setpoints. This makes it more difficult to create drivers, and as user I would like to set this functionality (it´s the same as allowing only 2F increments. It´s just weird) Is this something SmartThings can fix?

Using the excellent Zigbee Temp Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc driver from @Mariano_Colmenarejo you have tenth of a degree.

Hi @fredrile

if You click in the set point value then You can enter any value with keyboard

1 Like

That´s a decent workaround, but still have some issues:

1. Doesn´t work with 3rd party integrations that only increase/decrease.
  2. 5-6 clicks to do instead of one click.
  3. There are localization issues (if you have EU keyboard, but US account, you only have comma (,) available on keyboard, but SmartThings expects a period (.))

Expected behaviour is that pressing + or - increments by 0,5C (imagine only getting 2F increments on Fahrenheit…)

Following up on this. How do I make a feature request/bug?

Hi, @fredrile
Did you check if changing the device presentation for the device you’re integrating worked?

To edit the increment to be something different than 1, like 0.5 for example, you can create a custom integration and change the step done by the widget in the app.
I imagine this is what @Mariano_Colmenarejo did for his implementation but it isn’t clear what you mean here:

Which 3rd party integrations do you mean? Like Alexa or Google Home? If so, it means you still get a step of 1, right? That’s because the customization of the step only applies to the UI in ST. We cannot control if the tool in the third party doesn’t allow you to set a step of 0.5, ST only gets the value sent from there and they generally only have the default configuration

It’s not clear what you mean by this, please elaborate.

We would need to report this but we need more information about it.
If you’re using the custom configuration provided by Mariano’s driver or one of your own, please send an email to build@smartthings.com with a complete description of the issue along with:

1. A screen recording of the issue showing your language and keyboard configurations
  2. Provide support access to your account.
    1. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use in the email you send to build@smartthings.com. If not, please include the correct one in your message.
    2. Enable support access to your account:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.

Thanks for the reply. I see how I was confusing the message by bringing in integrations.

As a user, I would like SmartThings to increase/decrease the setpoint by 0,5C when pressing the + and - in the interface, as opposed to 1C today so that I can efficiently single click + or - to change the degrees by 0,5.

Finally, this would make it similar to chaning the temperature in Fahrenheit. (2F is about 1C)

ok, then, please send a feature request for the Customer Support team to ask for this feature without involving customization/development and to have an option for users.

There’s an option in “contact us” that allows you to ask questions and you could include this request.