I have two locks on my front door. Both are using rboy’s DTH and smart app. They are:
- Schlage FE599 Z-Wave Lock.
- Yale T1L Deadbolt
Using a v2 hub. Ever since I installed them I haven’t had any issues besides the batteries in the deadbolt, which is probably expected since motors and all. Z-Wave repeaters close-- one is on the adjacent wall-- maybe 3 feet away.
Anyway, about 3 weeks ago, the dashboard showed them offline. But not consistently. They would occasionally report status… But they would not take commands. All unlocking and locking had to be done at the lock. Both of them had new batteries so I know that wasn’t the issue. I ran Z-Wave network repair, no change. I hadn’t updated the DTH/app for a while so yesterday i started with that to no avail…rboy suggested excluding them and re-pairing. I did this and now they consistently report status, but they still will not accept any commands. I tried to change one of the unlock codes - nothing. But if I unlock either of them at they keypad within 3 seconds i get the notification on my phone.
I suppose I could reset both of them back to factory, but I’d rather not do that just yet. I’d rather figure out what the !@#$ is going on so maybe if it is the result of something i did in the overall setup I will learn from it and not do it again…