We will begin rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.39.06 starting Monday, September 27th. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
- Aeotec Smart Home Hub
Release Date: 27 September 2021 ~ 1 October 2021
Note that this release may be spread out over a week, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.
- Locally enforced rate limits and internal monitoring for rate limits were updated. Each rate limit also has some burst capacity reserved. Other parts of the infrastructure may still rate limit devices if they exceed other limits. Here are the current rate limits which are subject to change:
- A hub (across all devices) may not emit more than 30 events/sec sustained
- A single driver may not emit more than 15 events/sec sustained
- A single device may not emit more than 5 events/sec sustained
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements
- No “default” set of permissions is granted to edge drivers. They must be specified as part of the driver metadata in order to interact with protected APIs (e.g. Zigbee, Z-Wave, LAN, discovery). This aligns with the documented requirements for drivers.
- Fixed issue where tcp/udp/tls sockets would “leak” if garbage collected without being explicitly closed first.
- Imposed limit of 255 active sockets at any given time per driver.
- Add utility for loading custom capability definitions as a part of driver integration tests.
- Correctly refresh and configure all endpoints for Zigbee and Z-Wave devices in the default handling
- Properly command Lua backed Zigbee devices to leave the network when the devices are deleted
- Correctly include
mathfunctions for Lua 5.3 (e.g.
math.powis accessible as expected now)
- Allow Zigbee messages that fail to fully parse to fallback to a Generic Body so they can be handled
- Allow some Zigbee String attributes with an incorrectly reported length to still be handled
- Properly handle multiple reports of the same Zigbee attribute in a single report attribute message