Aeotec Smart Home Hub/2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.39.06

We will begin rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.39.06 starting Monday, September 27th. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
  • Aeotec Smart Home Hub

Release Date: 27 September 2021 ~ 1 October 2021

Note that this release may be spread out over a week, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.

Release Notes

General

• Locally enforced rate limits and internal monitoring for rate limits were updated. Each rate limit also has some burst capacity reserved. Other parts of the infrastructure may still rate limit devices if they exceed other limits. Here are the current rate limits which are subject to change:
    • A hub (across all devices) may not emit more than 30 events/sec sustained
    • A single driver may not emit more than 15 events/sec sustained
    • A single device may not emit more than 5 events/sec sustained
  • Other minor bug fixes and improvements

Edge Drivers

• No “default” set of permissions is granted to edge drivers. They must be specified as part of the driver metadata in order to interact with protected APIs (e.g. Zigbee, Z-Wave, LAN, discovery). This aligns with the documented requirements for drivers.
  • Fixed issue where tcp/udp/tls sockets would “leak” if garbage collected without being explicitly closed first.
  • Imposed limit of 255 active sockets at any given time per driver.
  • Add utility for loading custom capability definitions as a part of driver integration tests.
  • Correctly refresh and configure all endpoints for Zigbee and Z-Wave devices in the default handling
  • Properly command Lua backed Zigbee devices to leave the network when the devices are deleted
  • Correctly include math functions for Lua 5.3 (e.g. math.pow is accessible as expected now)
  • Allow Zigbee messages that fail to fully parse to fallback to a Generic Body so they can be handled
  • Allow some Zigbee String attributes with an incorrectly reported length to still be handled
  • Properly handle multiple reports of the same Zigbee attribute in a single report attribute message
6 Likes

This is the best documentation I have seen for a hub update since, well, ever. Well done. :sunglasses::tada:

18 Likes

yes, more detailed.

1 Like

Well, except for the obvious: the link to the dashboard I need to look up event rates for hub, devices, and active socket counts per driver. Without that, the information provided is useless, right? I haven’t paid attention in over a year since the phone app is useless, so I could be missing the link to all the data we need. Where is all that rates and socket count information presented to us?

This is the 3rd update for these hubs since the Last ST Wifi update in May!. Still no Edge access as far as I can tell.
Did think of updating to Aeotec hub, But Smartthings said I could NOT transition my config across, but Aeotc support that reported I could.
So Im starting to think we ST Wifi users are being forgotten?

3 Likes

Heres the thing about transitioning your config from one hub to another. back in the day when there was a transfer tool from the original hub to the second hub, things did not exactly go smoothly. while devices would transfer, but they would not reflect their current state. so, there is no such tool currently. maybe one day they will have a backup/restore tool that could be used.

Also annoyed regarding the radio silence on SmartThings WiFi. SmartThings/Samsung needs to display more respect for its customers.

5 Likes

Hi! Don’t you have any plan to update the firmware for connect home wifi hub? Mine is still in 36.5

5 Likes

Where can we see how much data our hubs, apps, devices are using currently?

1 Like

I asked this in the beta thread. Basically, you can’t see it unless you are running live logging. And there isn’t any kind of push notification in the app. TBH it’s not ideal and the only way you would notice is an event or command being dropped. Which is a symptom of a multitude of problems, so would be difficult to tell it was caused by a rate limit. hopefully they surface them better in the future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.