Aeon Labs Z-Wave Home Energy Meter $17 for one or $32 for 2-pack

Use code AZWSMART to drop the price down.

http://www.buydig.com/shop/list/keyword/energy%20meter

(Realy Living Dream) #2

Still $45 for 3 pack on Amazon too

(Marc Kurtz) #3

Regarding multi-packs, why would someone need more than one? I have one connected to my breaker box, but are there other places I could use one in my house?

(Realy Living Dream) #4

Any 220V circuit without doing anything special. I needed ( okay wanted) a few more to put on clothes dryers & the electric car charger I’m installing this week. Yes I can already see HEM jump 1500W when I plug car into 120V charger, but since adding a 220V I figured I might as well just put HEM on just that circuit. I’ve been waiting to put them on dryers so I can get notification when clothes are dry, not just when washer is finished.

(Marc Kurtz) #5

The dryer application interests me. I believe I have seen that before, but I think I would have to “split” the wires on my plug. I’d have to check, but I think my dryer has a wire/plug similar to this:

so I couldn’t just slap the clamps on the wire, right?

(Realy Living Dream) #6

Needs to be on the 2 hot wires. You ca either try and fit it inside the back of the dryer, split the cord wires apart as they come out of the dryer, or my favorite just put it in the breaker panel on the circuit for the dryer.

(Larry) #7

thanks want to monitor hot tub usage

(Stephen) #8

How do these get installed in the breaker box. I was under the impression they need power and are not battery powered.

They are battery powered but it’s much better to have them plugged in. That way, you will get more timely reports back. You can pull power directly from the breaker box or use a plug nearby. The meter does give you some distance to place the module away from the breaker box and the plug has a long connector cable.

(Stephen) #10

Thank you!