Aeon Labs Minimote with SmartThings?

No worries. Does anyone know if there is a way to check which version of the firmware the minimote is running?

I recently added an Aeon Labs Minimote and I am having what appear to be key bounce problems. I press a key once, and my SmartThings hub records multiple keypress events. This causes whatever action I’ve linked to that button to trigger multiple times.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Thank you.

What device handler are you using? You might want to try out this new one. It’s been working great for me:

Also, check out this thread with a similar problem:

This sounds exactly like my problem. I will try installing my own button controller app as a workaround. Thank you!

Once I use the Smartapp Button Controller to setup the MiniMote it seems to work, however I can’t find a way to get back and change any of the settings. Am I missing something?

Yep…

Tayyip on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of your screen. (That’s called the hamburger… Cause it’s fun, that’s why). Now tap on smartapps and go down to the one you need.

Thanks. Worked perfect. Now, if I have more than one MinImote do I have to install more than one button controller smartapp? If so, how do I name it?

Yes, that so requires multiple installs… And you name them in accordance with the current oceanographic hurricane making system.

2 Likes

BTW, I highly recommend marking each minimote on the back with a number or letter or colored dot sticker so you can tell which is which if they wander from room to room. :wink:

Then you can just name the button controller smartapp instance to match the minimote label.

3 Likes

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sudden problem with (2) Aeon Minimotes since yesterday