Aeon Doorbell Type Beta

I selected this part of the code and replaced it with ducans

def updated() {
updatePreferences((settings.ringTone as Short), (settings.volume as Short), (settings.numTimes as Short));
}

def updatePreferences(Short ringTone, Short volume, Short numTImes){
//Deal with lack of state data

log.debug "DOORBELL UPDATE:: Processing Selections: ringTone = $ringTone; volume = $volume; numTimes = $numTimes"
delayBetween([
			secure(zwave.associationV1.associationRemove(groupingIdentifier:1, nodeId:zwaveHubNodeId)),
          	secure(zwave.associationV1.associationSet(groupingIdentifier:2, nodeId:zwaveHubNodeId)),
			secure(zwave.associationV1.associationSet(groupingIdentifier:2, nodeId:zwaveHubNodeId)),
    		secure(zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 0x05, size: 1, scaledConfigurationValue: ringTone)),
            secure(zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 0x08, size: 1, scaledConfigurationValue: volume)),
            secure(zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(parameterNumber: 0x02, size: 1, scaledConfigurationValue: numTimes)),
			secure(zwave.associationV1.associationSet(groupingIdentifier:1, nodeId:zwaveHubNodeId))
], 200);

}

Iā€™m going to back off of this one until @Robert_Vandervoort provides some input. I havenā€™t been able to get the code to function correctly and when I try to edit it to solve the problem it makes things worse.

I wonā€™t go in the bathroom with @Robert_Vandervoort and @smart but I will test whatever they come up with in there!

:smile:

@droidguru I am so going to get a restraining order against you. You scare me. I most certainly donā€™t want you in the bathroom with me. :wink: hehehehehe!

And of course you can surely test what comes off the bathroom. Though I prefer what happens in the bathroom, gets flushed in the bathroom.:wink:

You made my day!!!

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for the device type code. My experience is the same as #droidguru - the wireless remote does not seem to create any activity log entries, even though it is able to trigger the doorbell.
Steps I followed so far:

1. Plug in doorbell speaker to power outlet
  2. Put battery into wireless remote
  3. Create new device type based on #thoward1234ā€™s code , replace one function as per @duncanā€™s post. Further, I also had to change the multiAttributeTile type from ā€œthermostatā€ to ā€œlightingā€ to get the slider to show up (Android phone).
  4. Press button on doorbell speaker to go to pairing mode, add device in ST
  5. At this point, the wireless device will not work. So need to follow #JDRobertsā€™s tip
  6. Once paired, make sure the remote is NOT in your hand, as #TheSmartestHouse mentions. Holding the wireless remote in the hand to press the button kills the signal completely. Given this, I am wondering if this will work with the remote outside the house ā€¦

Bottomline, I am not seeing notifications by triggering the doorbell from the wireless remote. Please let me know if I am missing anything.

because Iā€™m dependent on text to speech, I cannot read the code (trust me, you donā€™t want to try to do groovy with text-to-speech).

Based on the user manual for this device, the lifeline group is association group one, not association Two. Theyā€™re using group two for scene management which smartthings does not support.

Here is the developer documentation. Look for the section on association and it will explain.

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/device-type-developers-guide/z-wave-primer.html

Also I would definitely verify the current associations. Configuration can be really tricky for sleepy devices. They may sleep through part of it. If youā€™re trying to configure several different things as part of initial pairing, they may just not all get set. So itā€™s always good to verify.

Re: Point 6. We tested the device with the wireless button lying down on our porch table and both controller and speaker being 2 rooms across from the porch door and it worked just fine. Itā€™s not that the button doesnā€™t handle any obstruction, itā€™s specifically about the interference caused by human body conductivity.

Let us know if you do experience any range issues though and we will pass it on to Aeotec.

No range issues; I am getting 50 feet easily

1 Like

Same here about 30 feet and through walls unfortunately without a working device type this is the same as a $15 ā€œdumbā€ doorbell via Amazon so I canā€™t recommend it to anyone.

I got my shipping confirmationā€¦ shipping from hong kong directly again so it will take a week or so. Then Iā€™m on it.

1 Like

@tripmaster

This is a device type, not a smartapp. Different publishing procedure. This might help:

Heh, yeah, I just figured that out, and deleted my original post. Thanks! Gonna push onward.

1 Like

Has anyone had luck turning on basic reports for parameter 80? Im trying to build a simply smart app to send push notifications when the doorbell button is pressed. I cannot even seem to get the doorbell presses to show up in the log.

Through some playing; I got it working. I experimented with the Association commands followed by command 80. Eventually it started working. I am still trying to replicate it. Right now I am getting notifications and reports.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been doing the same, however with no luck. Assuming everything you did was based on the code within this thread, correct? Iā€™ve tried changing between Association Groups 1 and 2, and different ways of setting the parameter, nothing seems to work. Am I at least correct in that I should be seeing the doorbell press in the SmartThings Live Logging?

Ok, Iā€™ll try to describe what I did. I was messing with the configure button in the code.

1. I set the Association to group 2.
  2. I removed the Association to Group 1.
  3. I played around with command 0x80 and 80 setting to 1, and 2.
  4. I set the Association to Group 1
  5. I removed the Association to Group 2.
    At that point it started working.

I have been tinkering in the same exact section, referencing documentation found in another tread. According to that it should be group 1, parameter 80, setting it to 2. Thank you for your help, I will keep testing to see what I can figure out.

Good catch, I fixed my post above.

Based on user manual, it looks like the doorbell uses group one for the lifeline (including notifications) and group two for zwave scene management (which smartthings does not fully support).

Iā€™m assuming the chime shows up as a Z wave device in the IDE and the button itself doesnā€™t show up at all. Is that correct? Iā€™m not talking that the logs, just talking about the list of devices.

Iā€™m looking for any method by which I can send notifications when the doorbell button is pressed. Im using the Notify Me When SmartApp as the basis for my code, but I cannot get anything to register other than the siren being set off.

I disagree ā€” Smartthings can handle scene reports. Thatā€™s how the minimote and the enerwave work. It canā€™t build scenes natively and configure the sending device etc.

Fair enough. I have edited my post to say ā€œdoes not fully support.ā€