Adding TCP Bulbs to Smartthings Hub/app

Hi,

So i have TCP bulbs as Argos said they can connect with Smartthings. And I got the ST hub today.
For the life of me, I cannot work out how to add them.

I have gone on the Smarthings Hub website and added the custom app (TCP app). Then i have gone back into my phone app and i can see the custom app there. It tells me to log in with my Official TCP app log in details. But all it says is “We’re having trouble connecting. Check your network connection and try again.”

Any help would be appreciated!

What brand bulbs are we talking about? Can you post a link to the TCP app what you are mentioning?

The bulbs are “TCP Smart Wifi Classic” and the app is “TCP Smart” (which the bulbs are connected to).

I might have to disappoint you, but does it by any chance a Tuya based device? If yes, then you can’t connect it directly to SmartThings at the moment of writing this.

Some Tuya based devices working with SmartThings, the Globe Suite own branded devices, but not others.

There are some indirect ways to connect them through IFTTT and by another Tuya based app, not the TCP one.

Look here for some information:

I cant see anywhere on the packaging, amazon or argos about them being Tuya. And i did see the Paul Hubbard video the other day with the workaround. Its not too much of a big deal because im connecting the TCP app and Smartthings to google Home anyway. So i can still create routines. Ie, Iv done it on google home so if i say “turn TV on”, it will turn the Samsung Tv on(smart things) and also the Livingroom Bulb on(TCP).

The look/feel of the screenshot of that app suggests Tuya to me.

2 Likes

Its not too much of a big deal because im connecting the TCP app and Smartthings to google Home anyway. So i can still create routines. Ie, Iv done it on google home so if i say “turn TV on”, it will turn the Samsung Tv on(smart things) and also the Livingroom Bulb on(TCP). So i assume most of the cheaper bulbs are Tuya. I cant justify spending stupid amounts on ST listed compatible bulbs such as LifX, Hue etc.

Actually someone just posted Tuya/SmartLife works again with IFTTT, so virtual switches can be utilized again.

1 Like