Added GE 14292 switch and a mystery GE Link Daylight Bulb keeps showing up

(Todd) #1

Last night I added a GE 14292 Zwave plus toggle switch to my system, previously consisting of about 10 other zwave plus devices and worked well. This is when I’ve started having issues…

Now I have a GE Link Daylight Bulb showing up in my things, but I don’t own one of those, nor have I added it to my system. I’ve deleted it twice now, but it keeps coming back.

Anyone else seen odd behavior like this?

Thanks in advance.

(Allan) #2

…could the new z-wave toggle be extending your range and pulling in a neighbors bulb they was never linked? I don’t think this is possible but you could always add it in and at night turn it off and on and watch their house. :slight_smile:

(Ray) #3

I would look in the IDE and see if it’s actually a GE link bulb and not one of your device with a wrong DTH during discovery. GE link is Zigbee and possible it’s from your neighbor but unlikely since the z-wave won’t repeat or extend its range.

(Todd) #4

Thanks Guys. So I think you’re right that it was a neighbors daylink bulb(s).

I switched out the GE toggle switch for a Leviton switch to match most of my other switches / dimmers. The GE toggle switch felt slow to respond to even manual input anyways. After doing this, the daylink bulbs showed up a few more times and kept deleting them, and now they’re gone and haven’t come up for a few days.

I never added the daylink bulbs during pairing though - any adea why they were automatically being added to my network?

Thanks!

(Thomas Gray) #5

I bought and I stalled a get 14292 and an add on switch. They manually work fine. I paired the smart switch and it came up as a zwave switch, but doesn’t work right. Reports wrong status, sometimes works sometimes not. Do I need to pair the add on? not sure I choose the right get switch from the manual list. Any help would be appreciated for this noob

(Ray) #6

You don’t need to pair the add on to smartthings since it’s not really a smart switch and report only to its master switch. Sounded like a mesh issue. Maybe try doing a z-wave repair and being the hub closer or reposition the hub to see if there’s improvement.

I’m a little bit late to the party, but I’ve had the same issue for about 3 years now. I have the same switch and I also have a GE Link Bulb showing up that I’ve deleted numerous times. I’ve just started ignoring it.

(Allan) #8

See above. It most likely is your neighbors.