AD2SmartThings

Hi all,

Complete newbie here :slight_smile: Loving my new smarthings hub, but before I invest in all new sensorsā€¦ I have an ADT system (not monitored, just sitting here), and I understand this project interfaces with the panel. However I was wondering if all the devices I have already can be made compatible via a transceiver such asā€¦

http://www.securitybyyou.com/products/accessories/ge-radio-translator.html

I am assuming not due to code translations, etc., but want to be sure before I start this project.

Thanks All!
Steve

@stevencovert,

As you mention, the project allows the Honeywell/Ademco panels to integrate with SmartThings via a subset of keypad functionality. If your Honeywell/Ademco panel connects wirelessly to sensors, then there is a good chance the status of those sensors can be monitored on SmartThings. The link you provided is for GE sensors and its unclear how they interact with your Honeywell/Ademco panel.

All, I just released Version 2.1 which can be found on my Github site. This release simplifies the hardware assembly of the AD2SmartThings device, which addresses the top two support issues.

Note: The release does not add any additional capabilities to Version 2.0 and uses the same Device Type. If you already updated to Version 2.0 or recently completed the project, I donā€™t see any reason to update.

Hi! I am fairly new to SmartThings, but so far I am really enjoying it! I have a ST Hub at my inlawā€™s house to allow control of some schlage door locks. They have a complete hard-wired alarm system that they have not used in years, but it is still functional. Based on the fact that they have well over 50 windows and 6 doors in their house, I would prefer to utilize the existing hardware. Does anyone know if this configuration can work with a ā€œMoose Z1100Eā€ alarm system? I can find tons of info on the system, but I have yet to hear about anyone integrating one with SmartThings. Thanks for all your hard work and efforts! The ST community is the coolest part of this whole thing!

Great app. Do you know if this will work on a DSC alarm system?

Thinking about taking the plunge on this project. It seems like a great idea.

Before I spend the time and buy all the hardware, I just want to make sure that it is compatible with the new Arduino MEGA 2650, as the Arduino MEGA has been discontinued. Does anyone have experience with this new device?

Thanks,

Ben

Continuing the discussion from AD2SmartThings:

@ciscotwo,
This app utilizes the AD2Pi interface board which is only compatible with Honeywell/Ademco alarm panels. There are some DSC alarm panel integrations published by the community. Hopefully one will work for you.

Continuing the discussion from AD2SmartThings:

@benrjunk,

You must be referring to the Arduino MEGA 2560 and yes that is the board I have used. I updated the paltriest on the github README file to clarify. Good luck with the project.

Looking at alarmdecoder.com website they now support the DSC panel with a firmware upgrade. (http://www.alarmdecoder.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Panels). Anything special that will have to be done to the smartthings software?

Interesting news. The answer would depend on how different are the Honeywell and DSC messaging systems and whether the AD2Pi does any standardization. I sent a note to alarm decoder to see if I can learn a bit more.

1 Like

@ciscotwo,

I heard back from Sean @alarmdecoder. Sounds like he is working to standardize the communication to various alarm panels using their AD2 devices, such as the AD2Pi used in this integration. So the short answer to your question is that this project ā€œshouldā€ work with the DSC alarm panels, however, there may be some slight customization required. Also, he does not currently offer in his catalog the AD2PI with the DSC-compatable firmware, however, if you flag your order, he will update the firmware before its shipped to you.

Cheers,

Iā€™m attempting to create a new smartApp by copy/paste your Home_Alarm_Device_Type into the ā€œFrom Codeā€ area.
When I attempt to create, I get an error message:

No signature of method: script1441157910616841069647.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script1441157910616841069647$_run_closure2) values: [script1441157910616841069647$_run_closure2@2511a379] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Sorry for the rookie question.

Is it possible to use this setup with a Honeywell Lynx Touch 5200?

Looks like I have it working. My bad.

Data back to the Aduino seems to working fine since I can see the current status of the alarm system. I can also see when motion sensor zones are crossed.

What I canā€™t do is set anything on the alarm system. I tried to shut off chime, but it did not work.

I have an Ademco Vista 20p and I set the address of the aduino to 18 on the vista 20p. I enabled it and set the address 18 on the vista 20p (*191 = 01,00)

What am I missing?

thanks.

@wartski, this may be too obvious but double check you have correctly stored your homeowner alarm code in the device type preferences

Thanks! I have a ā€œ0ā€ in the first number and it doesnā€™t take that. If you enter ā€œ0123ā€, it will only store ā€œ123ā€. I used another code and all is swell!

@wartski,

Glad to hear its all working! And sorry that you had to work through this issue. This issue first surfaced last June after an upgrade of the SmartThings environment. I had released a bug fix on June 13. I am interested to know if you have an older version of the code or if my fix did not work? Does your Device Type code list version 2.0.1 or version 2.1?

The integration relies on the AD2Pi to communicate with your alarm panel. The AD2Pi is built by AlarmDecoder. Here is a link to the FAQs that outline the current alarm system compatibility. The best way to check compatibility is to confirm the make/model of your alarm panel. Based on your keypad, you should be fine.

I pulled the code from the 2.1 release source code. The device type indicates it is 2.0.1 while the folder with the code is listed as AD2SmartThings-2.1.

metadata {
definition (name: ā€œAD2SmartThings v2.0.1ā€, version: ā€œ2.0.1ā€,author: ā€œstan@dotson.infoā€)
{