AD2SmartThings

It’s the system tile you want.

Thanks! That was it… so confusing to me.

Is there a way for me to detect whether the chime is off or on? I’d like to turn off door chiming if before 9am and turn it back on after that time.

It appears to just be a toggle from what I can tell.

thanks

@wartski, you are correct that the chime is implemented as a toggle. Probably the simplest thing to do would be to implement a virtual switch and then control the switch via generic scheduling app, such as the default Smart Lighting app. I haven’t tried using Webcore so don’t know if there is something more straightforward in that approach.

@njaslyr, the other option is to simply rename the alarm device handler to something less obvious than “alarm”. You can name it nearly anything you want, as long as you can remember it. For example, you could name it “Trespasser Interuptus”. That would be difficult to guess unless you live in Hogwarts. :slight_smile:

I guess the issue I have is that I don’t know what state the chime is currently in. Thus, I really can’t control it properly. I may get out of sync easily. If the alarm is disarmed before 9am, I want to shut off the chime. However, if the alarm is disarmed after 9am, I don’t want to shut if off.

Perhaps I could always toggle the chime when “arming” … .thus chimeOff. When the alarm is disarmed, I could then check the time and toggle chime if after 9am … chimeOn.
something like that.

I didn’t have time to work up as good example for you, but @d8adrvn 's DTH exposes the msg field as text, which contains CHIME when the alarm chime is on. It would be fairly simple to query the field in webCoRE and know if the chime was on or off.

Create a new attribute on the DH called “chime” as that will get updated with the device.chime value during the create event activity. Its value gets set by the Arduino as it changes.

Don’t expose the switch to Alexa.

@wartski I just added a new attribute called chime to my DH and this immediately worked. It stores the value of the chime tile. Will either be chimeOn or chimeOff.

thanks @ritchierich! I just added
attribute “chime”, "string"
but am not seeing it show up in webCore for use.
But sounds like what I want. I’ll make sure it’s publishing.

In the IDE, go to My Devices and pull up your Alarm Controller device. Find the Current States section and make sure that chime shows up with a value like ChimeOn or ChimeOff. Assuming its here you should have access to it via WebCore, if not you could create a custom SmartApp to know the current state. Then in the device handler there is a chime() function that will toggle the value.

Yes, I see the attribute when looking at the device. Perhaps there is a lag to update on webCore. Looks like this will do what I want though. Thanks for your help.

The attribute finally showed up in webCore. I reset cache or something on my phone … perhaps that got it updated. Thanks for the help @ritchierich.

1 Like

You are welcome!

Hi everyone. I’m just moving from Vera to ST. I’ve got a Vista 20P panel with an Envisalink EVL-3.

Is there a list of pro’s and con’s of the various projects for integrating the 20P with ST? I’ve found a few various projects and not sure which path to head down. Thanks

Gerry, a required component for this integration, theSmartThings ThingShield, is no longer available. Since you already have an Envisalink you should look at this integration:

Another option is the Alarm Decoder network appliance:

Thanks Michael. Looks like my best point at this time is probably the first one. It’s too bad Envisalink doesn’t just integrate one of these solutions into their card. Would eliminate the hassle of running a separate server 24x7.

I have this up and running for most of my Alarm panel’s system sensors. I was able to either find DTH’s or alter other ones to accommodate Motion, Smoke, Contact, and Glass Break sensors. I have a Honeywell 5821 Temperature (Freeze) and Flood Sensor that I have not been able to get to work. I did find a ‘Simulated Water Sensor’ DTH, but I have not been able to make it work. I have not found anything I can use for the ‘Freeze Sensor’ part of that sensor. Even thought it is a single sensor, the ‘Freeze’ and the ‘Water’ are each a separate zone on the alarm panel. Any thoughts on how I can find or alter a DTH for these?

I also saw the ST_Anything V2.9 posting. Should I upgrade to that? If so … how? This gives me exposure to the alarm panel sensors and arm/disarm/status of my alarm panel. ST_Anything V2.9 looks like exposes the alarm panel sensors, but does not interface with the alarm panel for arm/disarm/status? Wouldn’t I need both? Can you load two separate .ino files onto an Arduino and have them both be running? (Obviously I am not an expert on this. I could follow the instruction good enough to get AD2SmartThings Running, but I don’t know all of it’s workings very well).

Thanks.

Any chance of porting this over for use in Hubitat? @ogiewon already has his Hubduino up and running there and has adapted the ST_Anything library for Hubitat use. I would be great if this could be adapted to the Hubitat system.