AD2SmartThings

Hi @craig,

First, thanks for contributing your project to the community and depositing your code in github. When I started the project, I was actually confused about my alarm system and had started down the DSC Alarm integration path using code form @vassilis using some improvements made by @obycode. When I realized my alarm panel was a Honeywell system, your contribution was helpful for me to change directions. If I remember right, your implementation has has a bunch of extra code for a debugging mode, that was probably useful for you to parse out the AD2Pi messages, however that made it difficult to start from your code base. I also tried to continue with code from @obycode however the differences between the IT-100 and AD2PI code made that challenging as well. In the end, I have a bit of a mashup. The logic for reading the AD2Pi buffer and the ArduinoMega SmartThing Shield library are from @vassalis. I also used the device-type architecture similar to @vassilis. I leveraged some of your hard work building a parser to translate the messages from the AD2Pi into usable events and adopted your syntax for sending commands from the device type to the Arduino. I also thought the way you created a 3-tile wide message bar was cool and incorporated that feature as well.

Here is my assessment of where the project has evolved vs your contribution :

1. A more minimilast use of the Arduino, although I could still cut out
    more
  2. Addressed an excessive redundant logging issue by having
    the Arduino only pass on messages that are new and also at 10 min intervals
  3. Added support for up to 36 zones
  4. Added the ability to trigger the alarm from the device type, which
    will be useful to enable other SmartThings to trigger an alarm
  5. Added a PANIC tile (triggers alarm after 3X presses)
  6. Additional message support to trouble shoot
    installation
  7. Moved password to the device type preference vs hard coded. Makes it easier to change the password without having to go back and reprogram the Arduino
  8. Added the ability to configure the AD2Pi address from the device type
  9. Improved the readme instructions, although yours were pretty good.

I definitely appreciated your contributions as well as @vassilis and @obycode and call them out in the ReadMe file, my release files and in the header of my code files and have now added a credit section to this project posting.