Only been using ST with ActionTiles for a few weeks and over the past couple of days I got emails from my ISP that I had exceeded my download cap of 1.2TB/month. The only thing I’ve added to my network has been the ST hub, a few devices and of course ActionTiles on 2 tablets (wall mounted) for control.
I installed an app on my phone, called NetLive, and when Chrome was displaying ActionTiles, it was drawing about 3Mbps…that’s A LOT of data. So having 2 tablets doing this 24/7, my data cap was hit within 2 weeks.
I did however get lucky, the first tile I removed was the wunderground radar map image I was using. Data usage instantly dropped to almost nothing. Took a look at the media tile settings and immediatly saw the problem…the refresh rate was set to 5 seconds!!! When I set it up I had assumed it was in minutes. Now that it’s at a reasonalbe refresh time, my data usage is back to normal. Who knew a tiny weather radar image could suck so much data!!!