2wire system, smart light switch and dimmer (UK)?

@anon36505037, question for you if I may. I finally got round to buying a couple of the Retro Touch retractive light switches to replace my existing toggle switches. They arrived today.

https://www.directtradesupplies.co.uk/product.php/188612/retro-touch-crystal-mechanical-retractive-pulse-2g-light-switch--white-ct-

I got the two-gang, product code 00220. However, on both, the left button is toggle while the right button is retractive. Is that your experience, or are these duds (or do you just have the single button type)?

I like the second generation of LightwaveRF for some use cases, although I agree that the Fibaro gives you more options with potentially less lag.

With the second generation, you get status reporting back, so that when someone turns on the switch at the wall you can still activate automations based on that. Including using their free IFTTT channel:

You don’t get a dim level, just on/off, So it’s only a partial integration, but it does have its uses. And it is a simpler install then a Fibaro for most people. Second generation lightwave RF also has HomeKit compatibility, which gives you a nice backup option.

What I really like, though, are the second generation inwall lightwave RF power sockets. There really isn’t a good UK equivalent on the Z wave side as most of the zwave micros don’t handle the same wattage.

Thanks - on further inspection, the left button is retractive, but “sticking” in the “on” position. I slight touch at the top clicks it back into place, as does pressing button 2.

Looks like I’ll be returning them, which is a shame.

I’ve not even tried to fit them yet - they were sticking straight out of the box. I’ve not removed the glass bezel yet - perhaps they’ll loosen off once I do that.