(2024) Zigbee Network Analyzer/Visualizer

What are good Zigbee network analyzers/visualizers that work with SmartThings? (In 2024. Prior posts are from 2015-2021 or so.)

Working with Aeotec v3 hub. I want to visualize all the Zigbee connections between the hub and the hops to endpoint devices through Zigbee routers. I would prefer that the the tool shows the name or some human-readable identifying information about the devices (and thus, has some knowledge of SmartThings), not just numeric device IDs.

no suggetsions…?

Pretty sure this part isn’t possible if you mean you want it to import the information you already set up in SmartThings. The Zigbee profiles that SmartThings uses only expect one coordinator per network, which is your SmartThings/Aeotec hub, so information like device labels isn’t going to be shared.

There might be something where you could individually input each name in the mapper utility, I’m not sure. I always just use the numeric IDs myself. :man_shrugging:t2:

But I think the short answer is still that smartthings (unlike home Assistant and hubitat) doesn’t provide this tool for us, so I think most people still use an Xbee, which will produce a result something like this

And the instructions for using that are pretty much the same as they’ve always been except that you won’t use the IDE to get the device information. You’ll use one of the current web interfaces instead.

FAQ: Mapping your ZigBee network with Digi's XCTU

If somebody knows if something better, hopefully they’ll post, but I haven’t heard of one. :thinking: