User interface

@urman (and @solardave1): Really PRO tip: If your GUI client device is a tablet mounted on the wall, it is handy to live near a major earthquake fault in order to periodically reveal the device labels. {Heck, if you’re really lucky, the wall might fall 90% and give you a functional landscape mode.}

I’m a straight-talker, and I must be annoying as frack quite often…

So pardon if I hurt anyone’s feelings: “Shake the device”, is, IMHO, IMHO, IMHO – NOT A VIABLE GESTURE / USER INTERFACE CONTROL OPTION. No no no! (Seriously, even if the device is a phone and not attached to the wall, “shaking” just looks ludicrous, it is not accessible (i.e., not ADA compliant to the best of my knowledge…), and takes inordinate amount of energy.

The correct interface?: Please offer a pull-down or click-toggle of displays on the tiles: Icon/Value <-> Device Name <-> Both.

Thanks for bearing with the yelling out of my pet peeve. I’m a chronic complainer… you could hire me, though, cheap (!), and I’ll promise to just send all my complaints to the designated intern or “dumping ground” of your choice, daily. ?

sincerely, ttyl,
…CP.