Tell me your IDE issues

Feature Request: A search across all devicetypes or smartapps.

For example, I need to find all uses of “bool” thanks to a recent platform change and then find any uses of the var == “true”

Bonus points for find AND replace :smile:

7 Likes

Default values for input types in preferences only work in the app, should work in simulator but doesn’t.

FYI, this bug was submitted on July 18, 2014 and still exists today.

3 Likes

Feature Request, show how many devices are currently using a custom device type so we know if it is in use or not.

6 Likes

With the risk of being too generic, may I suggest as an overall feature request that the Code Editor be something at least as richly functional as the Cloud9 online environment or similar? ie, multi-window, code completion, auto indent, search/replace, infinite undo, debugger, …

I believe that their underlying IDE is Open Source, actually.

https://c9.io

3 Likes

patrick, you’re on fire.

3 Likes

When syntax or run time error is detected, the message should tell the actual line number. Often times it’s off.

3 Likes

When saving code changes while IDE error expired, it’s not obvious that the changes are lost.

6 Likes

Clean way of installing SmartApp via the IDE.

9 Likes

When viewing list of installed SmartApps, open app details in a new window rather than a popup.

3 Likes

Make code samples searchable.

9 Likes

Are you talking about SmartApps intended for permanent use?

1 Like

Any sensible way to manage devices and apps in the IDE would be amazing!

2 Likes

We’re basically moving towards this. I’m just trying to get a feel for which features are the most desired so we can focus on those first.

1 Like

Haven’t we done this recently?

I think it was a little bit ago. I wanted to get the latest issues since I’m working on this now.

Well… I guess I’ll come back with individual features (currently I cut / paste from Cloud9 to the ST editor, so I take all the Cloud9 features for granted.

So… For votes / Likes:

• Infinite undo (i.e., timeline rollback).

WordPress has this, but only at save points.

Current ST has some sort of “Edited but not published” flag, but it is a little unclear of how it works, and is surely only one version.

1 Like

Heads up, I’m updating the first post with an issue list and the status of a few of them.

2 Likes

Have properties of installed app show correct app state and settings.

3 Likes

“Save As” function.

Generally, an entire online filesystem should be available to the developer to save works in progress, templates / code fragments, rename, folders, and run “git” within.

2 Likes
  • #include

For personal or public source code fragments not in compiled library form.

This would give us some clean code reuse / modularity ability. IDE editor and debugger, though, now has to be able to jump to referenced included files.

(Of course, the ability to create / use own classes and jars is a bigger wish, not in IDE scope.).

5 Likes