Pre-release of Fibaro Motion Sensor

Well, I just got the Fibaro Motion sensor and for starters, would like to access its parameters, mainly to decrease the sensitivity and turn off the LED. The device control app provided by ST has a wrench-and-screwdriver “configure” icon that doesn’t seem to do anything at all. So I looked about and came across this thread, which seems to offer a way to access the configuration parameters of the Fibaro (your version of the app seeming to be the latest update.)

I’m a newbie in the ST world; I’ve never used any but the “stock” apps provided with the ST app, nor have created, edited or installed an app. My efforts to install yours led to the error message I referenced above.

EDIT: OK, actually taking the time to peruse the threat a bit, I’ve noted Travis’s posts above, and your responses. They may be what I need. Sorry for jumping in blindly. More later after some hands-on.

I have tried at least 30 times to connect several sensors and have not been successful. Very frustrating. Is it just not possible to pair these sensors at certain times. I don’t know what else to do. Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to get one to contact but it shows constant motion and vibration.

@patrickd please open a ticket with support If this is not helping. I would suggest to exclude the device from ST, reset to factory defaults and go on from there and keeping the sensors very near to the hub while detecting. Don’t bother with the parameter at first. Try to get the basics working first and once that works, then try the advanced features as tweaking.

And please follow the OEM instructins first while pairing… That is is three quick clicks on the b button inside the sensor to wake it up till you see solid blue diode and then pair. Unless you wake it up, it will not pair.

Thanks I will give that a try. I do believe that it might be the two sensors. I opened an additional sensor and it pair right away. I am going to factory rest and let the sit overnight without there batteries. maybe that will work.

Thanks, changed lux treshold and led light power. Worked fine although I probably need to tweak the led light a bit more or even turn of the led. Thanks for the instructions.

So I am just getting into ST, but after reading this thread and a few others… I have concluded that this sensor wont work out of the box? It will need some sort of tweaking?

Before diving into the settings and customization, I would like to have a working device before changing things. (Or to even get them working)

Thanks!

sensor works fine out of the box, does exactly what it says on the tin.
You’ll see a lot of chatter about parameter changes for this sensor, since it has many many more options than most.
Nothing to be scared of, they are fantastic little sensors.

They are the best. The customizing is to tweak the parameters to our liking. They have tons of parameters that can can be tweaked and we kind of cannot resist playing with those. :wink:

Perfect! Thanks for the quick responses.

@ikem They are really great little devices. The tweak settings are really simple to do. Although if I had to do it over again I would installed and tweaked one of first and then install the rest. If you don’t and you need to tweak them you have to pull each on down and run through the steps one by one for each device. So it is better to tweak the first device to your liking then install the rest as it will used the tweaked settings from the device type.

It’s really easy to just add preferences which allow for tweaking the parameters without having to change code and publish for each modification. This way you can just change the preference, press the B-button three times and select config. That’s what I did with my version of the device code. I wanted to be able to turn the led’s on/off on demand.

Ok got my motion sensor. All the sensors are working, but polling slow. I can see how you can change the settings through Fibaro’s own hub, but can I change it through ST?

@ikem. Post #392 has the steps listed in there.

AH HA! So much information… to absorb.

Thanks again guys.

I have a fibaro motion sensor and managed to get it connected. Things generally function well, except i cant get the lux reading to “refresh”.

I have followed and read this thread for a while and am stuck on item one above. I loaded the sensor via the the smartphone app after it was officially released.

I don’t have the device type listed. Please direct me to adding this so I can tweak the lights ( de-emphasize ). Thanks

Basically that means grabbing @wackware’s code from github. In Ide, go to my devices, create a new device, select the option create from code, paste the code there, save and hit publish for yourself.

Then go to your device list, change the device type to the one you created. It should be at the bottom of the device type drop down there. Thereafter follow the instructions I posted earlier.

Everything above is happening in IDE.

As such I think the other “Ron” :slight_smile: has an easier way. I apologize that I am not infront of my laptop so talking from the top of my head. On my way to Philly for the weekend so this IPhone 6 is the only device to assist. :frowning:

I just ordered 3 of these as they look smaller and hoping the battery life is as advertised.

Does anyone use these outside at all? They show in the video them used outside and state they are waterproof but wondering if anyone has any outdoor experience. If no one does I will take the plunge and try one out!

Mine survived the subzero temp outdoors for weeks (SHELTERED). Would suggest not exposing to adverse weather conditions directly. Battery life is pretty good so far.

1 Like

@smart okay you folks convinced me, I have one on order should get midweek. I’m going to try putting it on the covered front porch, and see how it works. Thanks for the unintentional encouragement😊

1 Like

Thanks @smart I am going to use one outdoors on my front porch where it got down to around 8 this winter so we will see. Its sheltered but should I think work out better than the monoprice one out there now. If they work well I am going to deploy them in each room and outside area I think!