Pre-release of Fibaro Motion Sensor

I already created a device type with the code from here and set the parameters I want. You say instructions are here but I’ve not been able to find them. I’ve seen people mention bits and pieces of how to do it in another thread. I just need to know where to go from where I’m at now.

I currently have the device set up with the official device type.
I created the custom device type from the code here.
I updated the parameters in that code with what I want.

I’m stumped on what to do from this point.

@smart - Ron, would you be so kind as to point @travisr100 to the instructions for updating the parameters? You seem to find them faster than I do! :smile:

First thing tmrw morning. Heating guys are here now fixing heating zone and feeder valves. :frowning: Will post the instructions again…

Much appreciated. Thank you.

And it’ll be cold again…ugh…

Ron, you have my most sincere condolences. Friday night, the ignitor in my system cracked (which renders the forced air gas furnace useless.) I wasn’t able to get the replaced until this morning (Monday morning.) It was a cold weekend.

(Thankfully, I have a gas fireplace in my family room, so we all (wife + 2 kids) “camped out” there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.)

Good luck
Gary

Re-posting the steps for @travisr100

(Thanks to @wackware @Mike_Maxwell and others for their help…)

1. In the IDE, open the fibaro motion that you created in “my device types”.
  2. Scroll to resetParams2StDefaults() method.
  3. Change the parameter of your choice (highly recommended to see the oem document so as not to brick it),
    http://www.vesternet.com/us/downloads/dl/file/id/390/z_wave_fibaro_motion_sensor_us_manual.pdf
  4. Save your changes. There’s no need to re-publish as you can’t activate the function resetParams2StDefaults from the device tile.
  5. Click the set location button, click the device drop down, then select your actual Fibaro from the list (it should be one of the first in the list), then install.
    Now you should see some additional buttons(don’t play clicky clack with it as yet).
  6. Now wake up the fibaro, and click the resetParams2StDefaults thats under the custom commands section on the right side of the IDE.
    (Click the b button inside the sensor quickly thrice, the diode should be solid blue then.)
  7. At this point click on the resetParams2StDefaults button. The log should day something like setting resetting params, wait for some more messages to come thru as motion, lux etc…
    (the solid blue diode will fade out at some point…). Wait for some time.
  8. Click uninstall when done.

/**

• Sets all of available Fibaro parameters back to the device defaults except for what
  • SmartThings needs to support the stock functionality as released. This will be
  • called from the “Fibaro Tweaker” or user’s app.
  • THIS IS AN ADVANCED OPERATION. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! READ OEM DOCUMENTATION!

• @param none
  • @return none
    */
    def resetParams2StDefaults() {
    log.debug “Resetting Sensor Parameters to SmartThings Compatible Defaults”
    def cmds =
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [8], parameterNumber: 1, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [15], parameterNumber: 2, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [1], parameterNumber: 3, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [2], parameterNumber: 4, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,30], parameterNumber: 6, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 8, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,200], parameterNumber: 9, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 12, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 16, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [15], parameterNumber: 20, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,30], parameterNumber: 22, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [4], parameterNumber: 24, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 26, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,0], parameterNumber: 40, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [2,88], parameterNumber: 42, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [5], parameterNumber: 60, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [3,132], parameterNumber: 62, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,0], parameterNumber: 64, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,0], parameterNumber: 66, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [10], parameterNumber: 80, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [50], parameterNumber: 81, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,100], parameterNumber: 82, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [3,232], parameterNumber: 83, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [18], parameterNumber: 86, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [28], parameterNumber: 87, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [1], parameterNumber: 89, size: 1).format()
delayBetween(cmds, 500)

}

1 Like

Oops…Sorry to hear that! Mine is eventually fixed as of now. Second zone valve and the feed/pressure reducer valve changed. First zone valve was changed just a few days back. I wish this winter (sorry spring) could go away soon.

@travisr100 I modifed the fibaro Motion sensor to add preferences to turn on/off the LED’s.
You could look at my code and do the same type of thing for whatever parameter you want to adjust. If you have trouble let me know what parameter you want to change and I would be willing to try to modify my code to add the parameter to the preferences.

You can see in my code that I added two preferences for option 80 and 89 which controls the LED for motion and tamper.

When you change these settings you need to triple click on the B button and when the LED displays blue click on “Configure” to send the new settings.

Of course @smart technique also works if you always want the same settings then you can just hard code the default configuration.

1 Like

Ron S, thanks! That was the missing link. I got it updated with my new parameters and I’m now getting temp reports every 15 minutes! Finally I can buy some more of these knowing that they’ll work for me. I’d never used the simulator before so wasn’t sure how it worked.

3 Likes

You will be fine, buddy! We all learn from each other here! Good luck, man!

1 Like

I’ve read up to post 150 and I can’t contain my excitement so I will just ask now. I’m planning on installing this outside under an eave to detect motion at the car port. I think from scanning the last few posts, the LED can be turned off? I’m also in AZ so outside temps can be extreme. Anyone in AZ using this for outside use? There’s a possibility I can install the sensor behind a glass window if it’s possible to turn off the LED.

The Fibaro is a PIR (infrared) sensor. They cannot detect motion on the other side of glass.

V

Ron, I get this message: “java.lang.RuntimeException: Metadata Error: input() can only be invoked inside a section definition @ line 38”

What are you trying to do, buddy? More details!

Well, I just got the Fibaro Motion sensor and for starters, would like to access its parameters, mainly to decrease the sensitivity and turn off the LED. The device control app provided by ST has a wrench-and-screwdriver “configure” icon that doesn’t seem to do anything at all. So I looked about and came across this thread, which seems to offer a way to access the configuration parameters of the Fibaro (your version of the app seeming to be the latest update.)

I’m a newbie in the ST world; I’ve never used any but the “stock” apps provided with the ST app, nor have created, edited or installed an app. My efforts to install yours led to the error message I referenced above.

EDIT: OK, actually taking the time to peruse the threat a bit, I’ve noted Travis’s posts above, and your responses. They may be what I need. Sorry for jumping in blindly. More later after some hands-on.

I have tried at least 30 times to connect several sensors and have not been successful. Very frustrating. Is it just not possible to pair these sensors at certain times. I don’t know what else to do. Thanks!

EDIT: I was able to get one to contact but it shows constant motion and vibration.

@patrickd please open a ticket with support If this is not helping. I would suggest to exclude the device from ST, reset to factory defaults and go on from there and keeping the sensors very near to the hub while detecting. Don’t bother with the parameter at first. Try to get the basics working first and once that works, then try the advanced features as tweaking.

And please follow the OEM instructins first while pairing… That is is three quick clicks on the b button inside the sensor to wake it up till you see solid blue diode and then pair. Unless you wake it up, it will not pair.

Thanks I will give that a try. I do believe that it might be the two sensors. I opened an additional sensor and it pair right away. I am going to factory rest and let the sit overnight without there batteries. maybe that will work.

Thanks, changed lux treshold and led light power. Worked fine although I probably need to tweak the led light a bit more or even turn of the led. Thanks for the instructions.