Monoprice Z-Wave Switch

Well, I just feel completely silly! This device turns out to be just a regular Z-Wave Switch that’s completely supported by ST.

After 3 days of trying to create a custom device type, I’ve realized that I’ve been going at this the wrong way. For anyone who has this switch, here is what you need to do:

1. Install your switch as per the installation guide. Leave the module visible for now so you can get to the program button.
  2. If the red light is not flashing on the module, then you have 2 options:
    a) Remove the device from the Z-Wave network by following this guide: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/200878314-How-do-I-exclude-a-Z-Wave-device-using-SmartThings-
    b) Hold the programming button on the device, and turn the light switch On. This will do a factory reset.
  3. In your mobile ST app, click the big + sign, and select Connect New Device
  4. Make sure the light is off.
  5. Press the program button on the module 4 times quickly. Keep doing this until the red light stops blinking and/or ST finds the module
  6. Go through the ST wizard to add the device
  7. IMPORTANT STEP: Press and hold the program button on the module until you see one red blink on the module. If it blinks twice, then repeat holding the program button

That should do it! Now, you can control the light with either ST or manually with the light switch. The module reports its status back to ST properly. No issues whether you switch the light on manually or with ST.

ENJOY!

1 Like