Aloha, I am building a new home in Hawaii-USA, and am trying to sort out which wall switches will work best for me. I want them to turn my lights off/on even if there is an interruption to my Wifi, or SmartThings hub.
What I have already installed:
I have a large number of the SYLVANIA Smart+ Full Color Downlight LED Lamp RT56, bulbs that run Zigbee. I bought them before I really made my plan, so I need to work with them at this point. (bit.ly/3hyQMXy)
I need to figure out the best way to switch them in a normal wall switch style. I have the following scenarios:
- Single Pole Switches / Dimmers
- 3 Way Switches
- 4 Way Switches
- Fan Controllers
I have been considering the following switches:
- [Single pole switch] GE Zigbee Smart Switch In-Wall (amzn.to/2OXRC43)
- [Single pole dimmer] Enbrighten Zigbee Smart Light Dimmer (amzn.to/2BBaZNi)
- [3 way] GE Enbrighten Add-On Switch (amzn.to/302bhX1)
- [4 way] GE Enbrighten Add-On Switch (amzn.to/302bhX1)
- [Fan Controller] Universal Smart Wi-Fi 4-Speed Ceiling Fan Remote (thd.co/3jIdmPt)
Here are some of my questions:
- Do my switches need to be Zigbee? Or can they be Zwave, or Wifi?
- Which switches will react the quickest? I would hate to have a long delay.
- Will smart switches allow for the lights to turn off/on even when the smartthings hub or the internet is down?
- Are there some smart switches available that are better than the ones I have listed?