Zigbee 3-way switch (EU)?

I’m looking to replace my standard 3-way switch by zigbee one
Yes, only Zigbee please as :
i already use some Zigbee product and want to avoid using different protocol
And i don’t wan’t bluethooth (lack of distance) , wifi (use more power and i’m pretty sure with lot of wifi product connected will be a disaster and for security reason , z-wave (stuck due to frequency issue) or other RF communication (like Lutron) or via they own cloud api and Co …)

I have look on several post, like

But i have found very little 3-way switch (2 switch control one light)

As I’m living in Europe, GE Switch are not a option for me (we use 240VAC not 120VAC)
I’m not sure about Leviton switch (don’t find a diagram of the electrical schema and not sure to understand the ‘Only one switch will be wired to load (master switch). Remaining switches will cap off blue wire’

Do you known other 3-way Zigbee switch product ?

Or i can use other production ?

and/or make some workaround ?

• like changing my 3-way cabling and use 2 standard Zigbee switch and use a scene ?

Thanks in advance

Leviton and GE are only made for the US.

Check the official compatibility list for the UK. There is at least one zigbee switch there, Aurora One.

Otherwise look for switches which use zigbee HA 1.2. Schneider and Sunricher both have some for the EU. They make both zwave and zigbee models, so check the product descriptions carefully. However, they may require custom code to work with SmartThings.

You can also check the zigbee alliance site. Again, Devices May require custom code. Many ZHA 1.2 Devices can be made to work, and some Zigbee 3.0, although those will work best with the newest SmartThings hub.

Quite a few community members have used the Orvibo relay in the past. :sunglasses:

It appears to work fine as a regular on/off switch, but not as a momentary.

Orvibo Zigbee Relay RL804QZB

@roumano
There are many Zigbee switches available and fair number that would work in the EU, however the ability to support a 3-way circuit like a staircase scenario is rarer.

Some smart switch solutions would require a wired switch at one position and a wireless switch at the other position. Some Lutron products work this way.

I believe AOne dimmers which are Zigbee might work the way you want and are available in the EU they are officially listed as Smartthings compatible as well. See - https://aone.auroralighting.com/ProductDetails/AU-A1ZB2WDM1P

The AOne products are dimmers, this means they don’t need a second neutral wire so will work with just two wires but means to turn a light off they actually dim it to nearly zero. (Dim enough so you think they are off but some LEDs might flicker.) They have a switch to configure one as the master and the other(s) as slaves specifically for 3-way circuits.

A representative of AOne participates in these forums.

I do regard AOne products as some of the best for the UK but considering the lack of choices that does not say a lot. :wink: There are some issues that are putting me off them however but they are certainly high up my list of possible choices.

I am still currently contemplating using Insteon which uses the ancient X10 standard. In terms of products they have all the choices I want although I would have to use momentary wired wall switches with micro modules as their smart wired smart switches are not available in the EU. They have however recently announced they will be launching a new bridge which will be a huge improvement over the current one with Alexa, Google and HomeKit support. Unlike AOne, Insteon can also support pullcord switches as required in UK bathrooms.

Thanks for the feedback,

for a long search, yes the Aurora product is the only (yet ? ) 3-way switch compatible for EU country (220VAC)
( it’s personal but i dislike their appearance/look )

A another option found, it’s not replacing the switch but adding Power Switch , the only found with 3-way zigbee :

@roumano
( it’s personal but i dislike their appearance/look )

Hmm. I actually found AOne to be one of the less visually offensive solutions available. As a comparison I find LightWave RF :face_vomiting: to be aesthetically challenged.

AOne’s dimmer literally looks exactly like a standard dimmer of its type i.e. a standard dumb dimmer. Indeed you can even take their module and fit it to a compatible dumb faceplate which might be polished metal or other style. This also makes it possible to do 3 and 4-gang setups of AOne modules, AOne do not do such faceplates themselves but if you fit their modules to a standard (dimmer) faceplate then you can do this.

I think we would all prefer something that looks more like the numerous smart switches available in the US - some of which even have either OLED screens built-in or multiple LEDs representing a brightness level. Unfortunately none of them are available for Europe. :sob:

@roumano hey. Where did you go with this?
Did you find a feasible solution yet?
I am facing the same issue right now and have no idea what to purchase for my 2-way switch (only dumb thing remaining in my home)
I tried reading ALOT but I guess I’m not technical enough to understand what I have and what I need to be able to upgrade the 2way switch

I’m looking at the aurora one but I don’t understand why is it a dimmer? Is there no regular switch alternative?

Any help would be appreciated

I got an offer from neo coolcam

But I have no idea if this will work for me or not

Their description of the setup is “function same as picture such as :
A Switch is main one with Rely and turn on/off
B Switch is only turn on/off , but without Rely .”

@Khaled_Qari - have you figured out any of that in the end?:slight_smile: it’s surprising how unsupported this simple use case is…

Hi,
I don’t have found yet replacement for my 2-way switch, so i’m waiting …

Eventuallly, you can use this : https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-zbmini-zigbee-smart-switch.html
but it’s not applicable to me as i don’t have these wire available ( http://dl.itead.cc/zbmini/ZBMINI_13.jpg ) where i can put the device

No, unfortunately not yet. :frowning_face:

The only dumb switch or “thing” in my home

You can try Micropapa’s ZigBee switch with 3 channels relay output and 128 scenes

What DTH would you use with that in a Samsung SmartThings ™ setup?

Many multi channel switches require custom code in order to work with SmartThings. Otherwise you typically just get control of the first channel.

Also, are you referring to SmartThings scenes? How does that work in a SmartThings setup?

Only work with Home Assistant , not Samsung

This forum is for people who are using the Samsung SmartThings ™ Home automation platform, so all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that context.

It’s a very busy forum, so it often comes up near the top in general google home automation searches, but it is not a general forum.

You might want to post instead in the Reddit home automation subforum. That one discusses all platforms. :sunglasses:

Few months ago, Scheinder create a new zigbee wall switch.
It’s have a input wire so it’s can use as 3-way switch :wink: :

Now, if i can found other one 3-way but witch 2 button (to control 2 differents lights ), it’s will be perfect