Yale Smartphone Alarm System integration

Hey mate,

Great stuff what you have created - many thanks but I am a newbie and having issues logging in to the app as I have an Yale Smart Alarm system and I would like my current SmartThings multi purpose sensors to use the Yale siren if triggered.
Can you please help me getting this to work? I have followed all instructions but cant log in.
Many thanks.
Sanjay

Hi mate, I am having issues logging in and installing the app - can you help please?
Thanks
Sanjay

Hi, can you please assist me in getting this connected to my SmartThings, as I am having issues, thanks !

Is there an installation guide for this? I tried making a smartapp, and a couple of device handlers, but this is my first time attempting anything of this sort. I don’t actually have a smartthings hub yet - I’m more trying this as proof of concept and to learn the skills and ideas required. I thought it was all figured out as I got to the login stage and saw my devices, but then got told there was an error.

I’ve hit upon the same problem.

I’ve installed the app and device handlers (at least I think I have) and I get to see a list of all my Yale hardware when I log in to the app. But, when I actually try and add any of my equipment to smartthings, I get an error connecting message. Any one have any ideas?

Hey everyone,

I’m bumping this topic as Smartthings recently announced the deprecation of the legacy Groovy IDE, which means come the end of December '22 this Yale integration will stop working.

Is anyone still using this integration, and is looking into porting this across to the new world yet? If not I’ll take a look as I’m still using it.

Cheers

Yes, I am still using this integration and surprised that it will stop working at the end of this year!

Fingers crossed, the port to the new world will be seamless…I am happy to test out builds as they come.

Right, after a lot of getting to grips with the “new world” development and battling some bugs I’ve got a basic version working.

All it offers right now is synchronisation between SmartThings Home Monitor and the Yale Alarm state.
SmartApps can subscribe directly to the Home Monitor state these days, so no workaround required to use a virtual switch to update Yale.

It will require you have somewhere to run the integration now that the Groovy IDE is being decommissioned. It’s currently geared towards using AWS (which is what I use).

This is all the integration does currently - I’ve never needed to display my Yale devices through SmartApps so this isn’t supported right now. Chances are I won’t get time to circle back round to do this, but would welcome any contributions and PRs :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope this is useful to people, let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

3 Likes

Thanks for developing this! Which AWS account type are you using? Would any of the free tiers work for this integration? Thanks.

Updated first post to point to this.

Thanks for making the new app. Just realised my old integration had stopped working. Will try your new version out…

Really sorry @Daniel2 I’ve only just seen this, it runs well within the free tier provided by AWS

Thanks for your work on this Ben!

Could you (or anyone else) help me with something? I’m pretty confident i followed the steps and it appears to have deployed successfully (see app screenshots below), but i get this error message when trying to add the SmartApp from within Smartthings.

Thanks

PS. ST app log doesn’t provide much info:
CONTROL_EVENT

{ “type”: “CONTROL_EVENT”, “data”: “welcome”, “lastEventId”: “”, “origin”: “https://spigot-regional.api.smartthings.com” }

Hi @Tristan_daCosta,

Have you deployed the lambda into AWS? If so there might be some logs in CloudWatch which might give you some more details.

When I was developing the app I saw similar errors. Leaving this here in case any of the suggestions there help you too

Cheers, Ben