Yale Smart Alarm - Help

Hi, looking for some advice regarding Yale smart home alarm system and zigbee mesh systems.

I have a Yale alarm system and this works brilliantly in the house. I also have a summehouse. The garden is steep and the summerhouse is at the top of the garden, above the house roof height and not in direct line of sight.

I have a mesh wifi system in the house, I run a cat6 ethernet cable to the summerhouse with a mesh access point and this works well.

Could I change the access point to a zigbee device and then have yale PIR / door contacts connecting to this and then via the ethernet cable down to the house and the yale hub ?

Could an amazon eero mesh system do this and if so could I use simply replace my current tp link access point with an eero point ?? Or are there other / better options available ??

many thanks

B

Unfortunately, no.

Zigbee is its own protocol. The way to extend Zigbee signal is to add more Mains-powered Zigbee devices along the path.

This forum was set up a number of years ago so that customers using the Samsung SmartThings ™ Home automation system could help each other with ideas and information, so all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that context. There are some suggestions we could make if you were using a SmartThings/Aeotec hub, but you aren’t— you’re using the Yale hub as your Zigbee coordinator. So I’m afraid we can’t be of much help here.

You will probably get the most help if you contact Yale support and ask them how to get signal out to the summerhouse. They’ve almost certainly run into questions of that type before, and they may be able to suggest Zigbee devices that do work with their platform that would allow you to increase your coverage.

Good luck!

2 Likes