Xiaomi yi WiFi camera

SOLVED:grinning:

I following this http://xiaoyi.querex.be/instructions/

Download 1.8.6.1B_rtspfix

Time zone for CHICAGO “my_tz=GMT-6”

Tested by VLC and Smartthing.

Thank you for all.

I did Turn off / Turn on 10 times, still working.

But on Android App do not work.

Tomorrow I will test motion e other features.

I have 3 of the Chinese version cameras that has the rtsp firmware installed. I used the Chinese camera app to set them up to record to SD card and can still use them for rtsp. Their app is alright but has a tendency to stop working on point release updates. I also like that the SD recorded video supports audio and video recording in mp4. The 2-way audio seed to work alright too. Had not tried to set them up using @pstuart’s camera type yet l.

Could you please give me the link where you download this app?

Can I use this camera to detect movement?

Hi @emersonvier,

If you want to pm me your email, I can send you a link to the apk I have. It’s the Chinese version of Yi Home and only works with the Chinese fw cams. I switched it over to English as that’s an option and there is a fw hack to adjust the timestamp for playback that you’d want to set to your tz.

Honestly, out of all the dozens of IP cams I’ve purchased, this is the first I’ve seen record 720p w audio to a SD card. The cam traffic for 2-way audio has to route thru xaomi’s servers as does any of the management options. After I setup the record to SD option, I block all outside traffic to their Mac’s.

1 Like

Since I am a Mac user, I have found that I have run into a brick wall. I say that because most firmware needs a PC to run as they are EXE files. Truly pisses me off.

I’ve a US ver too, can you give me a link to the 1.8.6.1B_rtspfix file you are using ? - thanks

http://xiaoyi.querex.be/firmwares/

That link only seems to have modified for CN hardware where as I got an international version camera.

Or does the CN version works on international cameras with global version of their app?

I have US version and I use this firmware, I Download from this site.

thanks, are you able to use this with the play store (international) version of app ? or I guess you are using the Chinese version app.

This firmware do not work with International app.

I install Chinese app but I not test yet, @nhouse wrote this will be work.

Some one believe is possible in near future Xiaomi Camera work as presence sensor on SmartThings?

For now I bought only one Xiaomi Camera for tests, but need more for my house I know other models works better but the price is so high :frowning: .

I believe the next option is Foscam.

It is possible. I am currently working on this feature. Using Yi Hack ( look on GitHub ) you camera will have http://IP/motion path which will return files list in case of motion. You can program a smart app to pull this and parse every couple of minutes or you can make cam ( using crontab or file watcher ) to push you some request ( for example IFTTT maker ).

Once I will have this working I will publish my code but it will at least take couple of weeks as I have bigger plans then only this small change ( web interface for setup, live view in smartthings etc. )

4 Likes

Eagerly waiting for your work. BTW, the XiaoFang 1080p model (little cube camera) has already been hacked and provides RTSP and disconnection from Xiaomi cloud.

1 Like

@Karpiu, that sounds like a great WIP feature. Just reading your git hub page, you have great features already implemented.

Quick question in relation to the RSTP, does your custom firmware, provide the ability to secure the feed with a Username and Password?

The github page is fritz grate work. I cannot take any credit of that. I am just planning to build new features on top of that. I suggest also to look into yi-stream that is also interesting ( if you want your cam to provide life stream for youtube ). For now I am not yet thinking about protecting stream with user/password as I actually would like the stream to be available only on demand. But I will have this request in mind and see if it can be done and how. First steps are introducing full scale web interface for configuration ( hopefully on node.js ), introducing ftp ( client ), the box, and if possible drop box integration so you could store files on cloud and most important ability to control cam from ST ( use as motion detector, start recording on alarm arm etc. ). If you do not want to w8 you can based on fritz hack introduce integration with IFTTT.
Looks like adding password protection is possible. https://github.com/fritz-smh/yi-hack/issues/118 We would need to get code of rtsp server and modify slightly. I am waiitn gfor tools for my cross platform compiling so it will take time but it should be possible.

1 Like

Hi

Have you been able to get them working under ST?
Thanks
F

Working on that now. There is for now still open point I do not have answer for - how to introduce ST compatibility without need for further hack. So far no luck as App and Cam communicate via msg queue. I could potentially control cam after hack but not before.

@Karpiu must say I’m looking forward to you work