WyzeCam interesting

Don’t know which Ring product you have but all of mine are basically bang on point.

I have the same experience with ring, I can’t wait to replace it, I get a black screen 8/10times the doorbell is rang. I would grab a nest hello but it’s useless without a subscription and I don’t do subscriptions… looking forward to a wyze doorbell!

I run tinycam on my windows based server using an Android emulater and it works like a dream!

Have you tried the Server setting on Tinycam? You can view all cameras in a Chrome window. Very easy!

Yeah that was one of the main reasons I put it on a PC. Tinycam in server mode with 5 cameras is very resources intensive and would bog down whichever Android host I put it on. I have a mediaserver that’s always on so I run it on that using the Android sdk.

Good to know. I have an extra computer or 2 lying around here. What emulator are you using?

For the record, I just solved my Ring problem. I use a free software already called MVC LINKS (essentially my own personal Google/Alexa/tasker etc. I created a VBScript and tied it in with IFTTT and my Windows 10 box with the Windows store ring app. Basically, if I say, “hey Google, who’s at the door?” Google passes the request off to LINKS which launches the vbscript. A few automated sendkeys later and I’m looking at a full screen live feed of my door bell. When I’m done I just say “hey Google, hangup doorbell” and through ifttt it again launches another vbscript that sendkeys to hang up the call and alt+f4 the program.

Took me hours to set it all up, but indirect solutions with smart home ideas is my specialty :wink:

2 Likes

I’m using the emulator built into the sdk but something like BlueStacks should work with much less effort.

Fixed it for you. :wink:

XD yeah thanks lol

Can you shed some more light on your idea here? It seems interesting to me. But wouldn’t this really bog down ur network speeds as well?

I have an Nvidia Shield, probably the best Android TV box available. Running TinyCam Pro Server on it and it’s great, have 4 Wyze and 1 Nest.

Yeah, I would think so…so I can either upgrade my network speed package, or invest in more expensive cameras that are hard-wired into an NVR. Still debating. I wouldn’t mind faster downloads (my son is always complaining about his pings when playing Steam), and the Tinycam setup is more user-friendly. I would have to investigate setting up an NVR to work with ST.

New product for local recording?

3 Likes

Looks like it! Looks basically like an NVR! Just pop in an HDD/SSD and away you go! That’s amazing! No subscription either by the looks of it! Congrats Wyze!

This is exactly what Blink never achieved! Blink even had the opportunity to do this with the USB port on their hub but never did. Wyze has achieved more in less time than Blink ever did, I’m wondering if Amazon are regretting their purchase since nothing has come of Blink since the purchase whereas at least Ring keeps expanding heavily, Blink seems basically dead.

1 Like

You could risk buying it now :stuck_out_tongue: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32964063092.html

2 Likes

I spoke to Wyze and there is no scheduled release date. But Kyla said toward the end of the year. And the original from Alliexpress has no info on how to get this to work with the WyzeCam. Wyze would have to release a software update to allow the cloud setup.

yeah, i’m curious how they implement this. The display says you have to use the MaxDrive app to view the recordings. Some other conversations with Wyze reps have led this to sound like a backup function from the cameras SD card. So how often would it back up? if its not instantaneous, a perp could still snatch your camera and get out of wifi range before the clip is saved to the NAS.

1 Like

I think that with firmware and software the video feed could be directed directly to the NAS. But there wouldn’t be a way for us to do this on our own.

yeah, you would think. but that’s not the impression i got from the rep. We shall see!

1 Like