[WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

Love mine. Device is a little slow (web access), but show me a better alternative for the price. The opener itself is excellent, just what you’d expect for current door opener. Easy to install, easy to operate.

Mine works great. I like the autoclose feature too.

The MyQ control pad had the “close after a timer” function built in, so I don’t use ST for that kind of automation. The MyQ app also have some rules based functions that aren’t too bad. That may be the way to go as the cloud-to-cloud functionality can be a little slow.

Terrific! Many thanbks. Any way to control the lights that are on my Chamberlain?

Has anyone else noticed intermittent reporting from MyQ the last few days? SmartThings only seems to have logged about half of the open / close operations starting yesterday (10/13).

Mine seems ok. It doesn’t log every single open event because the door often isn’t open long enough for the polling to catch it. I haven’t had it miss a close event in forever, though, which is really really nice.

Mine has been fine, just looked through it and it has everything there. I do have separate monoprice tilt sensors on the garage doors and setup in the app though so that may be part of it polling promptly.

Asking my question again in hopes of an answer. See below for a screenshot of my 2 garage doors. I don’t see any way of customizing the appearance of these devices (icon, text, etc.). Is there any way I can differentiate the display of my 2 garage doors? Thanks in advance!

Nope, can’t change the icons.

Hi. I was using this a while ago, but it was spotty from a reliability standpoint. I was cleaning things up and removed this app.

Then, I started wondering if the new client and the upgrades they’ve made lately would help, so I tried to re-install it.

I tried to delete it and it would not delete.

Whenever I tried to add it, the iOS app crashed. So, I went out and pulled fresh code from the repository, pasted it into the smart app (publish) and the two device types (publish publish). It appears that I am seeing the update now, because I see the preferences for contact sensor and acceleration sensors to trigger a refresh.

Now, it no longer crashes the app, but after I get to screen where I pick my doors, and click Done, I get “Failed to save page: prefListDevices”.

If I try to uninstall it, I get “An unexpected error occurred.”

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jason,

I did everything you said and it looks good on the IDE side but the app does not have a My Apps section and when I go to the Smart Apps it does not show anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Fred

Jason,

Have now done the publish - to me multiple times but the app never shows the My App section at the bottom of the Marketplace section. I have even closed the app and opened it again but nothing changes.

Fred

Jason,

Finally got the My Apps to show up and everything is working great. Thanks for all your help.

Fred

The best way to troubleshoot the real issue is to open up the IDE log https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs then select the door in your smartphone app. You should see the error come out in your IDE Log.

The common problem with this is you don’t have the device type installed or you did not publish it.

If you want to uninstall it, make sure that you remove all Contact Sensor / Acceleration Sensor in the Advanced Options section within the smartphone app. The common mistake people make is they add devices created by this SmartApp, creating circular reference. This is really meant for external sensors e.g Ecolink Garage Tilt Sensor.

how many minutes do you set the server polling?

Did you ever get a response on this issue or figure out what was wrong? I’m having the same issue. I keep getting "Could not find any supported device (s). please report to author about these devices: [16|null, 17|null]

Can you tell me what MyQ devices do you own? It’ll be helpful if you can provide the model numbers

I’m getting this now: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset @ line 261

I’m going to dig into it, but hoping it’s not the http post issue. I have the newest as of a month ago, last commit was 3 months ago. Worked until approx the platform update.

Checking, the device is still working so seem just a nuisance message for now.

Well, there are error messages:

d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  6:00:33 PM EDT: error java.net.SocketException: Connection reset @ line 261
d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  6:00:05 PM EDT: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'status' on null object @ line 308
d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  6:00:05 PM EDT: debug getChildDevices(true), children=3
d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  6:00:05 PM EDT: info Refreshing data...
d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  5:57:10 PM EDT: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'status' on null object @ line 308
d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  5:57:10 PM EDT: debug getChildDevices(true), children=3
d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  5:57:10 PM EDT: info Refreshing data...
d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  5:57:09 PM EDT: info Scheduling Auto Refresh..
d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  5:57:09 PM EDT: info Last refresh was 24096837.1615833333 minutes ago
d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  5:57:09 PM EDT: debug getChildDevices(false), children=3

I have unselected everything under both contact sensor and acceleration sensor. I went into both doors and removed all smart apps. I then removed one door, but when I try to remove the other door I get this error:

d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  6:25:52 PM EDT: error physicalgraph.exception.NotFoundException: Child device with device network id d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3|GarageDoorOpener|201830771 not found @ line 97
d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  6:25:52 PM EDT: debug getChildDevices(true), children=2
d50ebdae-d804-4e55-88bb-904f86da2ac3  6:25:52 PM EDT: warn DEPRECATION: You no longer need to call 'unsubscribe' within the 'uninstalled' method.

I get this same error message if I try to remove the smart app.

Appreciate any further advice.

Thank you.

Okay. I went into the smart app and unchecked the garage door that was left. Even though I get an error on that screen, and am told that I will lose my changes if I go back, it is apparently saving the setting. I removed that door and tried to dave, it failed, then I went back and “lost” my changes and that removed the door from the smart app settings (even though the door didn’t think it was in any smart apps) and then I could remove the door.

Removing the door removed the smart app too. So, the app is gone.

I guess I’ll do the scorched-earth approach and remove everything and start over to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks.