[WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

Sorry for the basic question (I just got my smartthings yesterday) buy how do I set this thing to close the door after 5 minutes opened? I’m already able to close and open the door through the smartthings app.

@copyninja

I installed the SmartThings v2 hub over the weekend and am currently in the process of trying to get your MyQ code working 100% with my garage door opener.

Thanks to your MyQ SmartApp/SmartDevice code I had the garage door working perfectly when I had the v1 hub setup, but so far my results have been mixed using the v2 hub. Or perhaps the issue now has more to do with the new SmartThings iOS app, which changed quite a bit from the previous version. In any case, I’m sure I’m not the only person who has upgraded to v2 hub and is still trying to use your MyQ code.

Specifically: I’m unable to get the garage door to automatically close after leaving (when my presence sensor, my iPhone, leaves the geofence area), nor can I get notifications to work to indicate that the door has been left open for XX minutes. On the other hand, the garage door does open automatically upon arrival. Also, I can manually open/close the garage door within the iOS app. Like I said, mixed results.

I attached a couple screenshots showing an error associated with MyQ (Connect). I’m unsure if this is related to my garage door automation issues or not but thought I’d bring it to your attention.

I’m trying to manage the garage door activity using “routines” (automatically open/close the garage door upon arrival/departure) and a custom rule under Smart Home Monitor (to notify me if the garage door has been open for XX minutes).

Is there some other way I should be doing this? Suggestions from anyone are welcomed!

Matt

This has nothing to do with V1 nor V2. The SmartApp works on the cloud only, and doesn’t require hub.

The error you’re seeing has to do with MyQ servers are responding slower than a few months back, about 2-3 seconds and up to 5 seconds on every web service calls.
Also, I suspect that SmartThings is timing out any web service calls that takes more than 1500ms.

I have the identical error. My door was closed for over a half hour and ST was still reporting open. I don’t have many SmartApps on mine except Good Night making sure they are closed. I did not have V1 either, new to this.

I figured it out! Sorry, I had it set up wrong. Great App! Thanks so much!!!

Scorched earth seems to have worked. Blowing everything away and starting from scratch, It is now working.

I ordered a couple of wired sensors (one for each door) and I’m going to wire those into my Arduino so I can use those to trigger a refresh. That’s the intended use, right? If so, can I (or should I) turn polling off?

Thanks.

Yup

You can change the polling to poll less frequently.

Jason,

Creating a Haunted house and had a question about the st-button.

I’ve been scouring this post looking for information on the type of action the button to open the garage door is. Is it an st_lightswitch, st_sensor, st_contact? My hope was to have the garage door open when motion is detected. So, does ST look for a light switch to send the open command to?

I have been through the Hub 1 to Hub 2 migration today - now working on the 8th hour of this!

I have everything working except MyQ Garage Door Opener. I stumbled upon this thread, DLed the SmartAPP and Device - published, installed, etc.

When I go to the Garage Door Opener device - all I get is a big orange circle with UNKNOWN in the middle of it. Any ideas where I went wrong here??

I did go through the MyQ (Connect) SmartAPP and enter login info, etc. as well.

@copyninja have you figured out how to solve those error? I am still getting them.

I would just like to thank you all for the information and dialog you have shared. This is my first adventure into smart things and first item installed in the house. I know almost nothing about code, and very little about what the heck I am doing. All your posts have been very helpful and the above instructions were great. It gave me a little trouble to install and after reading through everyone’s comments and info, I was able to learn a lot and figure it out. It finally works! Thank you so much!

Which app could I use to close the door automatically after, let’s say, 10 minutes the door was opened? I tried to create a routine but it closes right away after opened. There is no option to introduce a delay to close it.

The smart rules iOS app will do that. You can create a rule that triggers when the door opens that closes the door and on the door close event you can give a delay in minutes.

The free version lets you define one rule. So you can make sure it works for free.

I’m on android and there is no version available yet. Any other solution?

This was my first attempt at a custom integration (using someone else’s code of course) and it went really well (donation to follow). curious about utilizing it with amazon echo. echo does not see the garage door devices although it does see other devices in ST. May not want to go all the way to “alexa, open the garage door” as i can see security issues with that, but “alexa, is the garage door open” (or other variation) would be very handy.

any ideas?

Jason you rock man!

I have over 30 smartthings in my home, and switched from vera (used for over 5 years) to smartthings, and the garage door was the only thing I didn’t have “smart”.

Bought a MyQ yesterday, just hooked it up with your code, and it works great! Thanks for you’re time, I’m about to make a donation to you for your efforts.

Only thing that annoys me is the beeping when closing it thru the smartthings app (not your fault).

Thanks again!
-Brad

@ihave2aces I have it working with echo. Just make sure you go into your echo setting (smartthings app:SmartApps:Amazon Echo) and add the garage door (or whatever you named it). Then tell Alexa to discover new items. Thats it!

The beeping alert when closing the door with MyQ is a built-in warning. The alert sounds off when closing the door remotely, with the native MyQ app or ST app.

I have to admit I’m horrible when it comes to looking at circuit stuff. Maybe someone savvy in that area can show us where to snip the wire that controls that speaker!

the myQ app works almost perfectly for me [except when trying to close both my left + right garage doors, then only one closes.]

one thing i notice in live logging is this error constantly even when nothing is happening:

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset @ line 261

anyone have any ideas what that means?