Wi-fi speakers and speaker notify?

I would like to know if i can use almost any WiFi speaker for notification by just changing the type in the IDA to Sonos, Samsung or some other audio type… (ex: WiFi speakers like iDea USA Home, iLuv Aud Click, Hitachi W50 Monster Sound Stage S1 or any other low-end $ WiFi speaker :smirk:) they are cheaper speakers in my price range… i found them on ebay but i have not bought 1 yet, because i would like to try an find out if it would work before i do… so have anyone tried it yet…:bow_and_arrow:

It needs to function as a DLNA renderer. And then you need to use the generic speaker custom code device type handler, not the Sonos device type handler.

See the following topics (the topic title is a clickable link)

@JDRoberts is correct. I use speakers by a company named Pure. The speakers are jongo T2 & S3 and they are Wi-Fi. They are basically Sonos clones at an only slightly cheaper price (unless you find them on clearance like I do).

I use the media renderer software and I choose the speakers under a Sonos option in the smartapps. They work great. As long as the speakers are on the same network as the hub, most will work with the renderer.

1 Like

THANK YOU BUT I JUST WENT WITH THE SAMSUNG R1, I FOUND FOR 59.99 ON EBAY… I TRIER THE AIRMOBI IRECEIVER BUT I JUST COULD NOT GET IT TO WORK… :slight_smile: