Where are the tile icons?

[quote=“Ron, post:20, topic:40086, full:true”]
Nice, now if we can just get one list with icon and icon path that would be amazing !
[/quote]I just re-posted the lists, is that what you were looking for?

1 Like

haha awesome. i knew we could get this turned into a community effort. it’s silly we can’t get an official version of this that actually contains all the more specific icons you may need when developing apps…i wouldn’t be surprised if we’re missing more. although i do see a lot of apps are just making their own custom icons too these days…ahh who has the time though…i dont wanna be a graphics designer right now…hah. i wish there was some better text wrapping support, too…

Excellent work @krlaframboise!

Shame there is still no obvious icon for a ‘radiator’ or a ‘computer/server’. D’oh!

1 Like

We’re in the process of updating our icon library right now. I’ll add these in for you. Anything else? What else would you like to see?

1 Like

Hi @david.mccrindle,

How about more door and window icons?!

Off the top of my head, how about…

In the same way that st.Transportation.transportation12/13 represent an occupied/unoccupied garage, I’d like to see matching pairs of occupancy icons (i.e. with and without a person) for:

• Generic House
  • Generic Room
  • Bed
  • Sofa/Chair
  • Bath
  • Shower
  • Shed

Generic action button icon sets WITH and also WITHOUT TEXT (most of these already exist with text):

• Refresh
  • On
  • Off
  • Stop
  • Start
  • Play
  • Pause
  • Previous
  • Next
  • Settings
  • Stopwatch/Timer Stop
  • Stopwatch/Timer Start
  • Stopwatch/Timer Reset

Heating:

• Radiator On
  • Radiator Off
  • Underfloor Heating On
  • Underfloor Heating Off
  • Fan Heater On
  • Fan Heater Off
  • Boiler On
  • Boiler Off
  • Hot Water On
  • Hot Water Off
  • Solar Panels Active
  • Solar Panels Inactive

Weather:

• Set of Wind Direction icons [N, NW, W, SW, S, SE, E, NE]

Garden:

• Fountain
  • Fishpond
  • Shed
  • Pool
  • Gate

Other:

• Server / Computer / RaspberryPi
  • Fireplace On (Lit)
  • Fireplace Off (Unlit)
  • Door Open (actually looks like a door)
  • Door Closed (actually looks like a door)
  • Window Open (actually looks like a window)
  • Window Closed (actually looks like a window)
  • Skylight Open
  • Skylight Closed
  • Venetian Blinds Open
  • Venetian Blinds Closed
  • Venetian Blinds Up
  • Venetian Blinds Down

In fact, as a general rule, all electronic/mechanical device icons should have a matching pair of active/inactive, on/off, open/closed, etc. icons.

I’ll edit when I think of some more…

2 Likes

I will throw a few more to the request list:

• Up Arrow
  • Up Arrow - Selected
  • Down Arrow
  • Down Arrow - Selected
  • Left Arrow
  • Left Arrow - Selected
  • Right Arrow
  • Right Arrow - Selected
  • Reboot
  • Camera Flash ON
  • Camera Flash OFF
  • Camera PTZ ON
  • Camera PTZ OFF

Thank you for any consideration these get! :grin:

1 Like

I’m mostly doing alarm related stuff, I wanted to see things for like:

stay/away/disarm, panic modes like, police, ambulance, fire…
trouble, no trouble, fault, no fault, bell on, bell off, panic on, panic off, bypass on, bypass off, ‘instant alarm’, etc… some more icons just showing “alarming” or “not alarming” would be useful to cover for a few of those, the current alarm ones are kind of weird, the i’m not sure what the icon is even supposed to be.

Exactly ! Nice job.

1 Like

I ended up removing the list from GitHub because it generated different static urls for the icons .

2 Likes

Did you perhaps already start rolling out some of the updates? Because I’m seeing different icons in the app for the same path than those that are shown above (e.g. st.thermostat.auto).

A complete list linked to in the documentation, please!

1 Like

I don’t believe so but I’ll check.

Agreed! I’ll look into bringing it back.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks much Kevin for posting those additional icons… I can use some for sure. Been trying to figure out how to get the ids of those.

And thanks David for letting us know SmartThings is brining more icons out soon. I also could use some for doors and windows, both open and closed. Looking forward to them.

Thanks again you two!

I don’t know if this is the library @david.mccrindle was referring to, but I see that the original list from @Dianoga has been updated. It’s still missing some icons (e.g., the ones from the Keen vent DTH), but it’s a great start. Thank you Brian and Kevin!

1 Like

A set of signal/battery strength indicators (for WiFi RSSI): e.g., a set of icons that can be used to show strength rather than having to look at a numeric value:

2 Likes

How about including an icon for aquarium lights, pump (air & water), filter and heater.

Will it be possible to add a background as you can do in tiles but in Smartapps?

Example:

input (image: “st.motion.motion.active”, name: “switch”, type: “capability.switch”, title: “Turn On Switche(s):”, description: “select switche(s) to turn On”, defaultValue: null, multiple: true, required: false)

Let say i wanted to add the following background color:

backgroundColor:"#53a7c0"
to
"st.motion.motion.active"

thank you for your help!

@david.mccrindle any word on an updated icon library/list. We shouldn’t have to rely on this archived version as the most complete source I’ve found: https://web.archive.org/web/20150825232647/http://scripts.3dgo.net/smartthings/icons

2 Likes

Thank you for posting that url, I wasn’t aware of that list and it’s the most complete that I’ve seen.

I used that page to generate a new multi-column list that displays the icon along with the url and the name for DH tiles.

http://htmlpreview.github.com/?https://github.com/krlaframboise/Resources/blob/master/SmartThings-Icons.html

5 Likes