What exactly does the "Precondition" check on Location mode do in Automations?

Precondition with an OR statement is fixed now. Need to edit the automation and re-save to get the fix to work.

3 Likes

That’s good.

It remains rather disappointing that the bug slipped through into production. It just seems to me that ‘if anyone arrives when the location mode is away’ is rather an obvious usage case.

6 Likes

Hopefully they also fixed the after being away for X minutes issue too. I have an automation that runs when I leave instead of when I return as it should that is driving me crazy.

1 Like

It looks like “precondition” in automations is working again with latest version on IOS

1 Like

Is this broke again? Seems to not be working. Trying to use Location mode away with a OR condition and it always fires on when location mode is away, home or night

The or condition contain member location and a presence device. It worked before adding the or condition and adding the presence device.

Update. I deleted the members location and added virtual presence devices that represented the phones and now it works as expected.

Must have something to do with the members locations and other devices together.

Yep. Seems to be busted again. Whenever I select a mode precondition, after saving the automation it flips back. Sigh. This sh!t is getting pretty annoying.

on iPhone it is found off and android it is on.

1 Like