WeMo Switch - problems after 2yrs

Odd…I have 2 wemo outlets that have been fine through all these issues & still fine. BUT I have 3 more that were in a drawer to be used when needed, that are having the same issue as others. The turning on or turning off status that sometimes refreshes upon hitting the config button but returns to non functioning. Using wemo app they seem fine. One thing I did not try that I heard some may have done is ensure I have static IP’s for the devices (not sure if I set them up that way a while back when I first got them). Anyone try that & get different results?

I recently purchased a Wemo Mini smart plug and tried to set it up with a SmartThings hub. After using the Wemo app to connect it to my network, did a firmware upgrade, then connected to ST hub. It was recognized right away, but remote Turn Off fails to work and it would constantly get stuck in “Turning Off” / “Turning On” status.

I discovered a workaround that resolves the issues for me. In the ST web hub, under “My Devices” I changed the Device Type to “LAN Wemo Light Switch”. This has resolved all issues for me, and the Wemo outlet now works as expected with my ST hub.

2 Likes

I think I’m a bit late :sweat_smile: but I hope this can help anyone who has problems with Wemo.

I tried to cover the most common issues and problems with Wemo devices in this blog post. as it looks like it wasn’t resolved maybe you still are having problems.

If you think I’m missing something I would be more than happy to include it in the post

Thank you!