WeMo Insight Switches

Mine’s not working at all again. I tried repasting the code as per what you’ve done and I can’t even manually refresh the power usage now. Also, the Wemo Maker Connect isn’t working any more so I wonder if there’s something blocking them on the Wemo end

Ok if anyone has any ideas, The wemo insight switch is bugging the heck out of me. The Device handler seems to work ok, but then it quits working. It stops reporting power usage and state. It still turns on and off. when I go to the device handler, copy the exact text from it, paste it back and save/publish it… IT WORKS AGAIN… for awhile. Not sure what is hanging this up but if someone with better knowledge/skills than me (That is easy, I have not skills other than Ctrl-c Ctrl-z) could look at it I would buy them a beer.

1 Like

I gave up. For some reason, my Wemo app rules seems to work more regularly though still not every time. I think we just have to accept that Wemo stuff is junk

unfortunately it is one of the few that can handle 1500 watts. My espresso machine pulls around 1100 when heating up. oh well the on off works, and I don’t really care about power usage on it.

Is the WeMo insight switch a dead topic? I’ve tried to use the code provided by zzarbi and others, but I can’t get the insight switch up and running as a SmartApp. I installed the Device Handler and the Smartapp code and I can see the smartapp on my Smartthings app. But the Wemo Insight switch is never found.

Yeah, I gave up on it and haven’t tried since

I have a WeMo Switch and an Insight.
They used to use the WeMo connect app up until around 6 months to a year ago, when ST introduced LAN Connected device DH’s.
My devices were already connected to the hub via the WeMo (Connect) app and after this update automatically started using the the LAN DH.
I’m not sure how this helps but perhaps its worth trying going into
Marketplace > Things > Outlets and Dimmers > Belkin WeMo Switch > Connect now.

its working fine for me. The smartapp is no longer required as it was replaced by ST’s “super LAN”.

I think its under Marketplace > Things > SmartThings Labs > Belkin WeMo Switch > Connect now.

I’m in the UK and that is where it is for me.
Why ST has decided to put things in different places depending on where you are is beyond me.

Weird… So in the UK is wemo considered an official integration? If that’s the case support should be able to help those having an issue.

I appreciate the suggestion. Unfortunately, it appears that Belkin WeMo Switch no longer appears in the Outlet or Dimmer categories. It can be found under Smartthings Labs, but they say they only support three WeMo devices and the Insight Switch is not one of them.

As I said above I have an Insight and a Switch.
Both use Lan integration.

So long as you have the correct DH installed it will install with “Belkin wemo switch”

The Lan integration works, but it don’t have the power meter function for the insight switch. (I really like the power reporting function)

The device handler I was using for the insight stopped reporting the power usage, but would still turn on off. I don’t know anything about writing device handlers and it seems like no one else is interested.

the insight switch is my favorite because it handles 1500 watts, so things like espresso machines that pull 1200 or so can be used safely with it.

1 Like

Ditto! I have the switches in my list of My Things, but have no access to the power info. Wanted to use this to determine whether my washer 9 dryer are done.

Bloody hell, yes, that was the missing piece for me too. Now showing Watts. Just need to create a piston in webCoRE.

I’m using the custom handler and its working great. Anyone know why the energy tile shows properly but the power tile does not show? I confirmed the handler has that code.

Hi,
Is 14/3/2016 the date of your most recent version of your Wemo Insight device Handler, or is there a newer version?

Has the insight switches been working for anyone recently ? I lost power meter function awhile ago. Now i’ve lost control of on and off.