WeMo Insight Switches

Thanks @bbodenmiller! This is really helpful.

[quote=ā€œcanadadry, post:59, topic:1704, full:trueā€]
Iā€™m getting the following error after adding switchesā€¦

physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ā€˜Wemo Switchā€™ in namespace ā€˜mujicaā€™ not found. @ line 323

Details:
-All WeMo items show up in the WeMo app
-Canā€™t add outlets with the Smart things app function find things
-Some outlets connect to the main network via a wireless repeater and the ones that do show the MAC address of the repeater not the device
-WeMo outlets both insight and regular are set to static IPs

It appears my wemo insight switches are now LAN Wemo Switches and this no longer works :frowning:

It is a known issue caused by who knows what. Mine are all not working also.

Iā€™m not having issues with my Switch or Insight.
I have allocated mine fixed ip addresses when I first got them 18 months ago.
Do you guys who are having issues use static ip?
Iā€™m just trying to help and make suggestions.

Sorry, I meant that the switch still works but itā€™s gone back to being just switch. The custom code allowed for power usage monitoring. It worked really well until the update and I had notifications when the power usage dropped between a certain wattage. Now all I can do is turn it on and off

Hmmā€¦ I just found this, and I went an changed the device type in the ide from lan Wemo switch to the device handler listed here and clicked save Seems to be working for that paricular insight

2 Likes

Uh duh. Iā€™m an idiot. Thank you so much for that!! What an easy fix!! Thanks!!!

Running into some problems though, itā€™s not refreshing automatically the power usage. Trying to figure out core, with some minimal luckā€¦ if you get somewhere with that let us know,

Mineā€™s back to working as normal. Just ran the dryer for 20 seconds. I did press refresh to see the power usage. Then I turned the dryer off and walked away and got my notification that power usage had dropped below my set 7W down to 3W. All is well in the world again :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have wemo connect running? How about the rest of your wemo devices are they on lan or wemo connect

When I go in the app to Automation > Smartapps, wemo connect is no longer there though I do have a Wemo Maker (Connect) that I added in the IDE. My Wemo LED bulbs are direct to the ST Hub

In the IDE, I changed the Insight Switch device type to Wemo Switch but itā€™s the customised Wemo Switch at the bottom of the list, not the stock one part way up.

Then back in the app, I added a Smartapp > Energy management > Energy Alerts and selected the insight switch to send a push notification if Reports Above 2400W or Reports Below 7W

I did this for both Insight Switches I have

Ah crap. Youā€™re right. The usage isnā€™t refreshing itself :frowning:

This was thereā€¦ and now because of the upgrade its almost thereā€¦

Is anyone free to look at the code and see why the polling is not updating the power usage? Iā€™ve gotten Core to poll and refresh the device, it only refreshes time used, but not power :frowning:

My wemo insight is not reporting power usageā€¦ any one make any progress on this? I would help but I donā€™t know anything about writing device type handlersā€¦

I canā€™t even manually refresh the power usage now :frowning:

1. Log into the IDE add the device handler from the link below.
  2. Go to ā€œmy devicesā€ in the IDE, select the insight switch
  3. slect edit and choose the ā€œwemo switchā€ cutsom DH that you just added
  4. Done!

Thanks, I swear that was the exact code I was using. I copy pasted it (I should have done a compare) but now it seems to be working. Thanks.

BTW - I have a few of these insight switches Iā€™m looking to sell / trade.

Whats interesting is that I pasted the code, (Iā€™m sure it was identical to what I had before) and it was working. next day, not reporting in Action tiles. odd behavior.