WebCoRe "wait" problem

giphy (18)

1 Like

That should work OK.
Can you see anything in the logs for setting up schedule for 30 minutes after the switch changed to on?
EDIT: BTW are you aware that there is a dedicated webCoRE forum now?

Yeah, it always says that is sets up a ‘scheduled job’, and it shows the correct time, but it never would run the ‘turn off’ part.

bobbles, thank you for pointing out the webCoRe forum. I did not know about that!

So, with TCP set to ‘never’ the piston worked. It feels like if it works at 5,10,15 minutes it should work at 30 minutes, but something changes after 15 minutes. All well… it works now.

Thanks so much for all your help!

1 Like

5 minutes to go

My clock was slow.

I had already started it about 5 minutes before, so your clock is right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just as another data point - I’m running a “wait > off” piston w/a 30 minute timer, I’m at 14 minutes in, 16 left, light is still on, no issues.

Danabw, I’m very interested to see if your piston works. If your piston works, I’m wondering if my z-wave power switch is sending a report that is messing up webCoRe. I have a different brand power switch that I could try too, so depending on your results I might give that a go just to see what the outcome is.

Sure - my switch is a GE 12xxx series non-dimmer model zwave switch, connected to under-cabinet lights, stock ST DTH.

At 7 minutes left and light is still on.

2 minutes 30 sec left. (I feel like Chekov on Star Trek.)

9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…1…OFF!

Worked perfectly…seems like there may be something wonky w/your switch or switch DTH.

1 Like

200w (8)

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try it on my other power switch, and I’ll let you guys know what I find out.

@n240sxle91
This is the style I use. Always works

Belt and suspenders. :slight_smile:

Cool.

If you or @WB70 want to donate for my hard work waiting around, my paypal address is:

guyWhoAsksForMoneyHeDoesn’tDeserve@gmail.com

:smiley:

Hope you can work out what’s going on…

1 Like

Shivers down my spine…

1 Like

Ok, the wait is over! I have three different brands of power switches. My outdoor GE switch and my Aeon switch worked perfectly. The Zooz power switch doesn’t work with this piston unless I have TCP set to never. Strange, but at least the mystery is solved. The Zooz hardware is sending something that conflicts with the piston.

2 Likes

Try this:

If time is between midnight and 23:59 and Switch is On

Then Wait 30 minutes / Turn Off

See if that works.

Note that using ‘physically’ relies on that attribute being communicated properly by ST and as of recently it cannot be relied on from what I remember.

Basically, don’t use it.

Yeah, I didn’t mean to use that, and in the latest version of my piston I’m not using the ‘physical’ attribute.

I didn’t know it wasn’t reliable, so thanks for info!

1 Like