Using fibaro 212 dimmer - help

Hi, Thanks for that - I had found that post and tried items posted in that thread. Im using toggle switches, so a good solid press isn’t an option. Also not using the dimmer function.

I was just lucky enough to actually find neutrals in the first few switches I came to on my actual in house installation. When I come to one that is a two wire installation I will no doubt be revisiting these threads. Though I remain to be convinced that these work properly in a two wire setup, regardless of the amount of tinkerig with settings.

I also have to hand a dimmer 2 bypass for further experimenting if and when I get this problem again. Though I can see me going for the ceiling rose installation rather than spending weeks trying to get these “kind” of working.

Did you try Parameter 2, set to maximum brightness level 64. And parameter 6 set to 6?

Tried reducing parameter 2, though I was using this with a 60W filament bulb so it shouldnt have had any issues from the auto calibration.

I did not alter dimming steps (parameter 6) as I thought setting 32 to to 1 and having the light act as on/off only would force ignore of any dimming functions or timers according to the manual.

I think having the brightness too high could be causing too much power to be given to the bulb leaving not enough power to power the dimmer module causing it to cut out.

Parameter 6 seems to affect how fast the bulb dims up from being off to being on, when I had it faster it would be quick but it would go off straight away. With this setting it takes a few seconds to turn on to full brightness but it stays on. I’m not sure about it having problems with parameter 32. I’m using the Smart Lighting app to set the dimmer to 30% at sunset and off at sunrise which works most of the time.

I had the same problem with the same solution, but with a single 60w bulb this simply should not be happening.