Using a smart dimmer switch control plugin dimmer

Hey so I have a smart dimmer switch from levitation currently in my living room. In the same room I have a Plugin dimmer which will connect to the hub and allow me to dim my lamp. The problem is I can’t seam to find anyway to get the already smart switch to communicate with the plugin dimmer. I would like to make it easy for others who come over to use the switch to dim the lamp along with the lights. I have messed around with Smartapps a little and have figured out i need to basically have the plugin dimmer watch the state of the switch. I just cant seam to get it to work with the dimming function. I actually manged to get it to work just on and off but that is only half the battle. Any help or links to documentation I haven’t been able to find would be much appreciated.

If I understand your question, There are several custom smart apps that can have one smart dimmer device follow another. I think trendsetter is the most popular right now, but there are couple of others as well. You will find them in the community – created wiki in the quick browse lists on the Lighting list.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section

If you haven’t used custom code before, it’s pretty straightforward – – you’re basically going to copy the author’s code and paste it into your own account. Here’s the FAQ on that process:

The other alternative is to use webcore. This is a very powerful community – created rules engine and can definitely let you do this. I just think it might be overkill for this particular use case.