Updates to the SmartThings Platform

You shouldn’t need to re-install, but the device does need to be refreshed for the new supportedButtonValue mappings to take effect - by either pulling down on the device once it’s selected in the new mobile app (ie to get spinner for a few seconds) or by hitting config in the old app. I would have expected SmartLighting to work better with the new app with this change, but the new automation capability would still not be working…

Also, as a test trial in the hopes of more fully supporting the new automation capability of the new app (and hopefully SmartLighting as well), I put together a quick very beta (alpha really) version of the WD200+ dimmer device handler that implements a single button with all 12 actions (eg downx3, upx4, hold_up, etc) instead of the old approach that implemented 12 different push buttons. Note: This approach will break any old automations that you have that are working, so I’m not sure I would test this update if things are working now for you. I’m not sure how many SmartApps fully support the new-ish supportedButtonValue mappings, so your rule/automation options may be limited with this new code… I’ll try to post future updates in the WD200+ thread…

1 Like