Updates to the SmartThings Platform

@blake.arnold

I mentioned this in a different thread today, but I wanted to put it here as well.

It appears that when changing from the classic app to the new app the old method of handling devices which supported central scenes with multiple taps has changed.

It used to be that each tap pattern was spoofed with a different button number. So, for example, for the remotec ZRC90 which has eight buttons each with press, long press, and double tap, the DTH would say that there were 24 buttons.

IMG_2378

[OBSOLETE] Remotec ZRC-90 Scene Master - Button Device Supporting 24 Unique Button Commands (see post 177 for 2021 app version)

The same method was used for many different devices, including the aeotec Walmote quad, The Homeseer dimmer and switch, The inovelli red series, And even the newest GE switch (46201).

This change causes multiple problems. Mirroring no longer works in smart lights, and the devices can go into a feedback loop, which I believe is causing some of the on/off/on/off/reports.

A lot of the button press controls don’t work.

Again, I could be totally wrong on this, but it looks to me like it’s occurring when the DTH spoofed the central scenes by making them look like separate buttons.

FWIW…

@Kianoosh_Karami @Eric_Inovelli

8 Likes