[UPDATED] Rule Machine with Triggers

I have tried several times to uninstall it in the IDE but I get a message saying there was an error uninstalling your SmartApp

I am going to send you a PM. Please check thatā€¦

@bravenel I installed in the IDE trigr and already have rule machine and rules smartapps from before.(updated via Github) I quit the ST mobile app and reopened rule machine and it doesnā€™t appear I have the new version. Any ideas?

I am experiencing the same issues.

You have to update Rule Machine and publish it from the new code.

Got it. I published it before installing trigr, that was the issue. Thanks!

Just another one to add that I am unable to delete a Trigr instance once created getting a %0 error.

System: Android
Version: Latest as of 5 minutes ago on this post.

Just updated to latest code, same results as above. Also, existing rules seem to have stopped working as well. I am using the andriod app.

This is the error I get from the IDE when I try to delete.

7fb55ec2-5507-4c4d-89a0-9b657f704c78 9:11:14 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method remove() on null object @ line 118
7fb55ec2-5507-4c4d-89a0-9b657f704c78 9:11:06 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method remove() on null object @ line 118

I seem to be fixed. I went ahead and published the rule machine in the IDE. Now I am able to run existing rules, delete, and create new rules and triggers. Thanks for the great workā€¦

Same here, all of my rules are dead.

1 Like

Make sure you are publishing the new rule machine code. I made the mistake of not publishing once I updated.

I am also not able to remove a rule from the android app or the IDE. I tried to make a rule with one condition and it would not let me Select the Actions for True or False without an error. Now I canā€™t remove the incomplete rule or any other rules.
I have the latest versions saved with rule machine also published.

Gag me. How many Rules do you have? If itā€™s not many, probably you need to uninstall Rule Machine from the IDE, and start over. If you have many Rules that you want to save, send me a PM.

I only had 1 rule before updating all three apps and publishing rule machine. I am unable to remove rule or rulemachine from the IDE. It says it is in use.

Iā€™m going to send you a way to get it cleaned up. Sorry for the trouble. Look for a PM from me.

So I had to reinstall an old version of the code when I started having problems. Once I did that I was able to remove the rules and triggers.

Once the old rules are removed you should be good to uninstall the app from the IDE.

I pushed a tiny update to Rule Machine that might alleviate this problem of not being able to delete old Rules.

Frankly, I missed testing the deletion of old Rules. I was focused on being sure that old Rules still worked, not thinking about what happens when they are removed. Iā€™m trying with this update to protect against the error that is thrown when deleting an old Rule. The line 118 error. If we can get beyond the errors, which are my fault, then we should be able to move forward with deleting any Rule.

The important step is to click on Done the first time you open Rule Machine after the update. After that, all should be good.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting the same error on android

1 Like

I had updated the apps via the IDE without reading the thread first.

Once I went back and installed the new Trigr appā€¦ everything worked just fine.

Go back and read the very first posting from @bravenel (read the whole thing) and it should start working.