[UPDATED 3/27/18] GCal Search

So I made a new one, got to the processing page, let it sit for a minute, backed out and came back into the app. You are correct that the new search is now there. And when looking in the IDE I see it has the correct data. So thats good.

I tried deleting another one and after hitting delete let it sit for a second. The app then went back to the main list of searches/triggers with the deleted item not showing. Backing out of the app and closing it, I waited a few minutes and reopened the app and smartapp, deleted search is now back.

1 Like

Are you familiar with live logging in the IDE? What happens in Livelogging when you try to delete and it fails / hangs. do you see any errors?

This is what I get from that device when trying to delete it;

So based on that I went to that device in my IDE because it wasnt showing in the app besides in the list within that smartapp. From the IDE is said Alexa (somehow?) was still using it. Weird because I dont push anything through Alexa. Back to the device in the device list, deleted it there, back to the smartapp, deleted it there again. Closed everything, reopened and it appears that we are all good.

1 Like

Something else I have now noticed. Making changes to existing searches in the smartapp didnt seem to take. So then going to that device in the IDE still showed the outdated data (calendar to reference for example). Clicked on edit for that device, made zero changes, hit save and the device now had the correct calendar/data.

So it seems that it is sending the new info from the smartapp somewhere but have to edit/refresh the device in the IDE for it take effect.

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve found this as a result of the new limitations within IFTTT. I’ve been trying to install it using the new SmartThings app, but am receiving the Error 403 when I try to do the Google authentication. I’ve checked all my settings within the web client OAuth and they are correct. The only thing that I can think of is that the new app forces authentication to take place inside the app rather than a browser. Reading through this thread, I see that this was corrected back in 2017 using ‘external’ but this doesn’t seem to work with the new app. Any ideas?

Thanks

Guyan

1 Like

Maybe refresh your tokens? You may have already tried that? I think it’s mentioned around post 50. I haven’t touched this in ages and it’s hardly ever messed up, so I’m not sure how much help I can be.

It was definitely the new app. I found that I still had the old version installed on my iPad. I didn’t think that I’d be able to use it as it had previously only given me options to speak to support to upgrade to the new app. However, it did allow me to authenticate and its now all working successfully.

1 Like

Hi there!
I just try to install the Gcal-search app and I get an error when I try to enter credentials…something like: google cant log you inside this app…

Everything is looking fine ( api enabled for calendar, oauth is set for web app, client secret and id entered in the setings (ST)… Any clue on how to fix that?

Is your issue similar to the post above yours? Did you try the old app? Not that I think it’s functional anymore? Possibly that is now the only way to setup this old app?

Having the same issue (Error 403). Running the latest app on iOS. Do not have an older app. Any other way around this?

also having the 403 error.

does anything special have to be done for the OAuth Consent Screen on Google? Published status? Test Users?

Resurrecting the post… Has anybody found an answer to this error yet? It seems like the GCal Search app would be really useful, but I get stuck with the 403 disallowed_useragent error. Has anybody got this to work off the new app yet?

Is this GCal Search app dead?
I installed it under the classic ST app, migrated to the new ST app, and GCal Search was working until today. I uninstalled the GCal SmartApp, and reinstalled it to ST, and now getting the Error 403: disallowed_useragent error from Google when executing the GCal SmartApp. Didn’t change anything in the API setup…

Hello.
Are you thinking of making this available for the Edge Drivers?

I really hope so. I use it for my automations…

Best Regards

1 Like

The end of groovy was officially announced (Sept 30th),any workarounds for us who are still using gcal?

On Smartthings, the only solution I am aware of at the moment is through IFTTT. Use the virtual edge device driver to create a virtual device (switch, momentary, presence, etc.). Then connect IFTTT to your google calendar and to your smartthings account. Then create two IFTTT rules: (1) to turn on the virtual device when a calendar event containing the selected text begins and (2) to turn off when it ends.

As webcore is still available for hubitat, you could also achieve the same that way.

1 Like

GCal Search is also available on Hubitat as a community maintained app and driver based on the work of @infofiend

I tested IFTTT. It appears it runs a few minutes after the time needed. I need it accurate to the minute, but the free IFTTT is about 3 minutes off.

Has anybody found an alternative to Gcal Search besides IFTTT?

1 Like