[UPDATED 3/27/18] GCal Search

Hi,

I’ve found this as a result of the new limitations within IFTTT. I’ve been trying to install it using the new SmartThings app, but am receiving the Error 403 when I try to do the Google authentication. I’ve checked all my settings within the web client OAuth and they are correct. The only thing that I can think of is that the new app forces authentication to take place inside the app rather than a browser. Reading through this thread, I see that this was corrected back in 2017 using ‘external’ but this doesn’t seem to work with the new app. Any ideas?

Thanks

Guyan

Maybe refresh your tokens? You may have already tried that? I think it’s mentioned around post 50. I haven’t touched this in ages and it’s hardly ever messed up, so I’m not sure how much help I can be.

It was definitely the new app. I found that I still had the old version installed on my iPad. I didn’t think that I’d be able to use it as it had previously only given me options to speak to support to upgrade to the new app. However, it did allow me to authenticate and its now all working successfully.

1 Like