UK supported devices

What are your requirements for cameras ? Forgot to ask

It has to support RTSP and be able to stream video to our hub (v2) 24/7.

Can I ask do you know what future devices that are being worked on at the moment. As from the adverts they say smartthings work with hundreds of devices but there isnā€™t that many compatible devices.

1 Like

Now thatā€™s an invite for my wish listā€¦

All Fibaro / Aeon Labs Z-Wave modules and devices taking advantage of all the functionality in them (not just the basic stuff)

Honeywell Evohome Native API (not cloud to cloud) - with the combination of outages from honeywell and ST they would spend more time broken than working if we relied on both cloud services being upā€¦

Netatmo (I think this is already available in the US so itā€™s just a matter of getting it to work)

Bosch Indego Connect - this is a bit left-field, but if I could stop my mower going out when it is raining that would be a nice bonus.

Cytech Comfort Alarms, either via http://www.cytech.biz/zwave_interface_eu.html or UCM Ethernet Interface - fully interact with the alarm, get motion sensing from the PIRs, set the alarm when we are away, control heating according to room usage.

BMW ConnectedDrive - know when the car is at home and turn on the A/C in the morning before i go to work if it is a hot day?

1 Like

I too am really interested in the BMW connected drive piece recently announced @Matt_Brainā€¦ I wonder if @Tyler gets to order new BMW for the lab to test it out :wink: If you have any news on when this will be available @Tyler it would be much appreciated (im guessing it will be dependent on OAuth being fixed in the UK first though?)

Working on itā€¦

Our Evohome integration uses the official API from Honeywell, but itā€™s still cloud-to-cloud. Itā€™ll be ready for release soon.

This is one we need to take another look at it. The original integration was done by a community member (who we since hired), but it needs some love.

Iā€™ll take a look at the other ones as well.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten netatmo working in the UK. If you are willing to add and modify the smartapp code yourself, you can actually get it working now if you donā€™t want to waitā€¦

That would be awesome, if you are happy sharing I would be very grateful :smile:

Thanks,

@Tyler

Thanks for your reply - Iā€™m thinking about tackling the Cytech and Bosch Indego integrations as I imagine there arenā€™t that many other folks using it (would be happy to hear this isnā€™t the case) - but very much looking forward to the others.

I actually have a question on the Cytech integration - the native Ethernet protocol on the alarm is very basic - not dissimilar to telnet (clear text, asynchronous byte transfers) - are there any methods available in the Groovy implementation which would enable me to open a TCP socket, push bytes into it and listen to buffer events for bytes coming out or should I look at building an abstraction layer on something like a RPI or similar?

Iā€™d love to see specific support for the Hue Go lamp. They appear as generic Hue bulbs via the bridge at present, but they donā€™t act quite like Hue bulbs. https://www.dmlights.co.uk/philips_go_go_table_white~0BJWD?&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2KyxBRCi2rK11NCDw6UBEiQAO-tljX_HUUMQcgvd0wNYtGV4vFZ-rE8sJpXt7oeLkd-2pUYaAqmy8P8HAQ

I have a Comfort system so Iā€™m interested in your Cytech integration - :grinning:

I shall be looking into adding xAP integration and by virtue of that support for Siemens/Clipsal C-Bus lighting and also HomeVision. So I too will be exploring the IP comms capabilities, similar questions to yourself.

I believe you canā€™t currently write code that executes locally on the SmartThing hub - it has to use the cloud architecture but that will eventually change. I am not quite sure what implication that has for local devices with IP comms. Does that mean itā€™s WAN routed and you have to open ports, which would be a very bad architecture ? xAP is (traditionally) UDP which makes that path not viable.

@xAPPO

I think it is possible to perform some local network requests (looking through the documentation they appear to be HTTP/JSON style requests along with REST support - I need to do more research to be sure whether it is executed locally or the hub is acting as a proxy for remote execution of the script. Anyway, I guess that is incidental - however, I think this will allow something like a Raspberry Pi to offer abstraction services so that the Comfort protocol can be understood by ST.

Iā€™ll have a dig into it when I have got over the current lack of central heating crisis (fitting a whole new system) - and let you know how i get on,

Talk to the people in this thread, they should be able to answer your questions.

@Tylerā€¦ have now confirmed that this switch (or at least its plastic moulding) is supplied by a variety of European brandsā€¦

So pretty pretty pleaseā€¦

Also looks like someone from the UK community has a version of code that works with it though so far I havenā€™t been able to get this working with the Devolo version.(though that might well be pilot error).

Hi Iā€™m completely new to this - Iā€™m in the UK and have just purchased Smartthings but I canā€™t get the Philips Hue hub recognised (which was the whole purpose of getting it!) Iā€™ve contacted smartthings online support and they say it is not currently supported in the UK and they donā€™t know when it will be! Any way you can shed any light or help??!! Thanks :smile:

I believe this was resolved in another thread? If not send me a PM as I can hopefully explain some other ways of getting certain things to work for you?

Is there a full list of supported products, that users have tested in ST, that are NOT in the published compatible products list below?

Not yet, usually people just search the forums or start a new topic for each specific device. However, itā€™s an arduous process, I know.

Weā€™re trying to create lists of exactly this type that Will be easier to use in the community-created wiki. But itā€™s literally just a few weeks old and doesnā€™t have that many articles in it yet.

Feel free to add new articles, as you do try out devices. The more people who contribute material the better.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=ThingsThatAreSmart_Wikif

Hi @tjsmithuk, did you ever get a response regarding the 5 gang socket and STā€™s ability to control individual sockets?

Thanks

Ade

1 Like

Hi @tjsmithuk, did you ever get a response regarding the 5 gang socket and STā€™s ability to control individual sockets?

Thanks

Ade

I am interested in an update for this too.

I have my greenwave semi-working using the Aeon power strip device type but would like better control and alerts for when individual socket devices exceed or stop drawing current.