Two gang Z-Wave display / switch

I currently have a pair of 4 button Leviton Z-Wave scene controllers, and have written a device handler to treat these as generic buttons. They control various lights, but this situation is not ideal. People can’t remember which button does which.

So, I’m looking for a touch panel Z-Wave switch I can program to simulate buttons, and programs text labels in. Does such a thing exist?

Nexia makes one:

This is a battery operated device that you put on the wall or table and it then controls your other switches. So I’m not sure it’s exactly what you’re looking for, but it might be a candidate.

@Darwin did a device handler for it that worked well with the classic app, but I don’t know if it’s been updated for the new V3 app.

Nexia One Touch

Some people just get an inexpensive Wi-Fi phone, mount that on the wall, and use it with actiontiles or SharpTools or one of the other dashboard apps.

IMG_1242

See the FAQ on that approach:

FAQ: Sharptools , actiontiles or native ST app for your wall panel? (2020)

There are some other options as well, but I’m tired right now, so hopefully others will chime in. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks I was just reading about the Nexia… Looks like an option, if not a great one. People report poor battery life and garbled text, but those reports are old. Still hunting!

1 Like