Turn OFF lights after motion stops for "x" minutes is now available in Smart Lighting without the motion ON first

My dimmer turns on at 40% by motion sensor trigger.
It’s working fine. I have a V1 hub if that matters.

Actually, I only have a single Smart Lighting automation that sets the dimmer level, but it doesn’t work for us for other reasons. It’s an outdoor night-time LED tree. It needs to be set at 25%, but Smart Lighting only allows 30%.

That was working at 30% last night…

Thanks for your quick response, my outside lights set at 10% came at 100% tonight, for the first time since I plugged v2 (two months or so ago)

Sorry, :grinning: , only so much. Welcome to V2

1 Like

Holy cow, someone please explain this one to me… In my post above where I was sitting on the couch and those two switches came on, it happened again… BUT the difference now is that I uninstalled that Smart Lighting automation 5 hours ago!

What the heck is that all about? How in the heck do I make something stop that I can’t see or control?

@slagle

I think the local processing has broken loose and is running on its own! Call ghostbusters! :ghost::ghost::ghost: :rotating_light:

3 Likes

Kill the power, set the house on fire run to Europe for a year and I bet everything will work smoothly by the time you come back

Good plan except for the fire part. :wink:

1 Like

I need to head out for a couple hours tonight, so I can only imagine the complaining I’ll get from my wife… Those 2 switches did again a few minutes ago all by themselves. All I see in the event log is “DEVICE /digital” and nothing related to any app command.

I’m thinking of creating it again to turn on with motion and then off when it stops, let it cycle through a couple of those events, and then uninstall it. If that doesn’t work, I’ll call a priest over for an exorcism of the switches…

Time to call the priest… Instead of staying ON this time, they both turn on and then immediately off. There’s a rogue process out there somewhere, and I’ve had to pull the air gap switch to keep these devices from coming on by themselves until ST gets back with me.

I guess I should consider myself lucky, 3 of my GE dimmers just won’t turn on with motion and the others turn on to last level. Oh, and the GE link bulbs act as if they are non dimmable. I have a feeling that support will come back saying that I need to uninstall all of my 30 plus Smart Light apps to start fresh…

My housemate went around the house unplugging everything except the Hues tonight. :scream:

@JDRoberts,

It may be too early to tell, but I took my hub (v2) down for 30 minutes and brought it back online. So far some of the rogue Smart Lighting issues I was having have seemed to have gone away. Still testing at 1am EST…

EDIT: Interesting enough, my outside lights were successfully turned ON via Smart Lighting at sunset were turned OFF after my hub came back online.

The problem is if I let him unplug the hub, he may not want to plug it back in again, and I’m using it for harmony control. That’s not one of the things the dog can do for me so I really just don’t want to walk into the argument right now.

I don’t blame you at all. Looking through my event logs, what I edited above is what happened with pre/post hub complete power down.

Love this feature… Thank you

“Ok, something really weird just happened here! I was testing this motion off scenario, and instead of turning the switches off and staying off, the lighting automation turned them off and then immediately ON! What the heck is that all about?”

You posted this and it’s what I experienced too.

I believe ST fixed this issue not too long ago. It had to do with hub v2’s sync with local/cloud services. The app even says "(beta: not yet supported for local execution)

Understood…but I’m on V1…no go.

OK, that’s interesting then. I’d let support know your experiences with this on hub v1.