Turn off after some minutes

so you got it into your IDE… did you go into the ST app and add it to your App? If not, you need to go to the Marketplace, click the SmartApps tab, and then scroll down to My SmartApps and install your newly created Smart App. If you already did that, you’ll find the SmartApp in the Smart Apps tab of your ‘things’ view.

Yes I found the app. It is set to run. I’m just confused on the trigger. Will it turn the device on after so many min any time it’s turned off? Or do I have to manually trigger it? I can’t see how I would do that.

ah ha. Yeah this probably is not the best solution for your use case. Check out Rule Machine smart app instead. You can configure that to turn x device on (or off) after Y minutes.

Bruce, first off thanks for writing this app! I was hoping it would be useful to use for my hot water recirculation pump in my house:

I’m trying to limit the times it’s used, not to waste energy. I already have it configured to turn on for a couple of hours in the morning and evening to cover peak shower and kitchen times, but for the rest of the time I’d like to manually activate the pump as-needed and have it turn off after 10 minutes (because the pipes are all hot by then). So I installed your app thinking it would solve this problem, but alas I think it will also turn off my scheduled activations prematurely. Any ideas what to do here?

Bruce is no longer active on this forum. But you should be able to get the results you want with core, so ask in their peer assistance thread. :sunglasses: