I’m having some issues with the native Kasa integration. Here’s what I have found so far:
- Can’t change device state (toggle switch)
- Can’t rename Kasa Devices
- It does report the correct state of the devices however
- Adds all devices associated with your Kasa account, whether you want them added or not
- If you delete a Kasa device, it will be added back again automatically
TP-Link Kasa Account
- There’s no way to unlink your account from SmartThings
- There’s no way to change to a different Kasa account
- Able to add Kasa devices
- Kasa devices have no functionality in webCoRe
Smart Lighting Smart App
- Seems to work
Also, energy monitoring doesn’t work in the native integration.
I would like to remove my Kasa account from SmartThings and go back to using Dave’s device handlers. His were working perfectly for me, but I decided to try out the native integration at his recommendation. For now, I am just resorting to renaming the duplicate devices and dumping them into a “junk” virtual room.
Update: I was able to remove my Kasa account from SmartThings. I didn’t know the gear icon in the new app was clickable. Also, I should probably note that I tested using HS300 and HS200 devices. I’m not using my HS100, HS105, or HS110 plugs at the moment.