The next-gen Google Home will do something Amazon’s Echo can’t

(jkp) #1

(Mark) #2

Kind of a misleading title. who’s to say the next gen echo won’t have a wifi router built into it?

(Cristofer Johnson) #3

Google in the middle? No thank you. Besides, I already own 3 wifi routers. One more is probably not needed for the vast majority of people looking to buy one.

(Geko) #4

I’m sure both Google and Samsung would be thrilled to own my router, but good luck with that. I’ll pass. :grinning:

(Community Journeyman) #5

Why would I need a home assistant in a wiring closet? No thanks!!!

(Benji) #6

Unless they ditch “Ok Google”, I still won’t care.

(NoneNone) #7

Google WiFi is incredible and one of my best purchases. I get a solid 200Mbps everywhere in my house now it is the best router I have ever purchased and recommend it to all my friends. Just sucks that it’s not available in Canada so I have to cross the border to buy it but it is worth the trip and the exchange rate. I have wasted over $1,000 on expensive routers that just stopped working.

(NoneNone) #8

It’s built into Google Home. Why would you have Google Home in a wiring closet that makes zero sense. You wouldn’t put Alexa in there so it’s no different.

(Realy Living Dream) #9

This is the first time I have ever seen anybody say this.

(Community Journeyman) #10

Did you miss the part where they said they are adding a router to their version 2 of the Google Home? You want the router as the first device on your network. Since my internet connection comes to the wiring closet…again, makes no sense and no thanks!!!